Technical Training Courses
In this two-day course, you will learn how to use advanced FortiGate networking and security.
Topics include features commonly applied in complex or larger enterprise or MSSP networks, such as advanced routing, transparent mode, redundant infrastructure, site-to-site IPsec VPN, SSO, web proxy, and diagnostics.
- Instructor-led classroom
- Instructor-led online
- Self-paced online
- Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN)
- Virtual Domains
- Layer 2 Switching
- Site-to-Site IPsec VPN
- Fortinet Single Sign-On (FSSO)
- High Availability (HA)
- Web Proxy
After completing these modules, you will be able to:
- Analyze a FortiGate's route table.
- Route packets using policy-based and static routes for multi-path and load balanced deployments.
- Configure SD-WAN to load balance traffic between multiple WAN links effectively.
- Inspect traffic transparently, forwarding as a Layer 2 device.
- Divide FortiGate into two or more virtual devices, each operating as an independent FortiGate, by configuring virtual domains (VDOMs).
- Establish an IPsec VPN tunnel between two FortiGate appliances.
- Compare policy-based to route-based IPsec VPN.
- Implement a meshed or partially redundant VPN.
- Diagnose failed IKE exchanges.
- Offer Fortinet Single Sign On (FSSO) access to network services, integrated with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Deploy FortiGate devices as an HA cluster for fault tolerance and high performance.
- Deploy implicit and explicit proxy with firewall policies, authentication, and caching.
- Diagnose and correct common problems.
Who Should Attend
Networking and security professionals involved in the design, implementation, and administration of a network infrastructure using FortiGate appliances.
This course assumes knowledge of basic FortiGate fundamentals. Participants should have a thorough understanding of all the topics covered in the FortiGate Security course before attending the FortiGate Infrastructure course.
- Knowledge of OSI layers
- Knowledge of firewalling concepts in an IPv4 network
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of FortiGate, as presented in the FortiGate Security course
If you take the online format of this class, you must use a computer that has the following:
- A high-speed Internet connection
- An up-to-date web browser
- A PDF viewer
- Speakers or headphones
- One of the following:
- HTML5 support
- An up-to-date Java Runtime Environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
You should use a wired Ethernet connection, not a Wi-Fi connection. Firewalls, including Windows Firewall or FortiClient, must allow connections to the online labs.
This course and the FortiGate Security course are intended to help participants prepare for the NSE 4 certification exam.