CSO Survey - Declining Security Confidence
Recently, Fortinet asked IDG Research to survey executive-level enterprise decision makers in different regions (US, UK, Hong Kong, and Singapore) about their current IT security concerns and priorities. Here is what is top of mind in 2016.
- Security overconfidence is on the decline—and that’s a good sign. Organizations are becoming more aware of the challenges posed by today’s evolving threat landscape. Among their specific findings:
- Advanced persistent threats (APTs) remain a priority in 2016
- Protecting customer data from cybercriminals is also a top concern
- Virtual appliances are trending as a preferred method for deploying network security
- Next generation firewall (NGFW) utilization is higher than ever across all regions