Technical Training Courses
In this two-day class, candidates will learn the fundamentals of using FortiManager for centralized network administration of many FortiGate devices.
In interactive labs, candidates will explore deployment strategies, which include single or multiple ADOMs, device registration, policy packages, shared objects, installing configuration changes, provisioning FortiManager as a local FortiGuard distribution server, and troubleshooting the features that are critical to day-to-day use after you deploy FortiManager.
- Instructor-led classroom
- Instructor-led online
- Self-paced online
- Introduction and initial configuration
- Administration and management
- Device registration
- Device level configuration and installation
- Policy and objects
- Advanced configuration
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Additional configuration
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the key features and capabilities of FortiManager
- Deploy administrative domains (ADOMs) to support multiple customers on a single FortiManager
- Restrict concurrent ADOM access by using workspaces and workflow mode
- Use provisioning templates for device-level changes across many devices
- Identify the synchronization states and manage the revision history of managed devices
- Manage firewall policies across multiple FortiGate devices using policy packages with shared and dynamic objects
- Deploy policies and objects from the global ADOM to multiple ADOMs
- Understand Security Fabric integration with FortiManager
- Deploy SD-WAN using central management
- Describe high-availability (HA), backup, and recovery options for FortiManager
- Manage the firmware of supported devices centrally
- Offer a local FortiGuard distribution server to your Fortinet devices
- Diagnose and troubleshoot import and installation issues
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of FortiGate security policies using the FortiManager platform.
- Knowledge of firewalling concepts in an IPv4 network
- Familiarity with all topics in FortiGate Security and FortiGate Infrastructure
- Basic understanding of network management systems
If you take an online version of this class, you must have a computer with:
- High-speed Internet connection
- Up-to-date web browser
- PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
- HTML 5 support or
- Up-to-date Java runtime environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
Wired Ethernet connection (not Wi-Fi) recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs.
This course is part of the preparation for the FortiManager Specialist exam.
This course will help candidates prepare for the FortiManager Specialist exam.
NSE 5 Network Security Analyst certification requires passing at least two NSE 5 Specialist exams.
Learn more about the NSE 5 Certification.
How to Enroll
Click the link here and navigate to the NSE 5 section.