Network Security Expert Program
NSE 6 – Network Security Specialist
The NSE 6 Network Security Specialist designation recognizes a candidate’s comprehensive skills with the fabric products beyond the firewall. This designation is recognized after the candidate achieves at least four Fortinet Specialist certifications on Fortinet enhanced products.
NSE 6 Certification requires passing a minimum of any four Fortinet specialist exams from the list below:
- FortiADC 4.4.0 Specialist
- FortiAuthenticator 4.0.0 Specialist
- FortiDDoS 4.5.0 Specialist
- FortiMail 5.3.8 Specialist
- FortiWeb 5.6.0 Specialist
- FortiOS Integrated and Cloud Wi-Fi Specialist – FortiOS 5.2.2
- FortiWLC Specialist – 8.2
Fortinet specialist exams are hosted at Pearson VUE testing centers worldwide.
The corresponding courses to each of these technologies are highly recommended, but not required, to take the exams.
Who Should Attempt NSE 6?
Network and security professionals involved in managing and supporting specific Fortinet security products.
- The candidate is NSE 6 certified if at least four different NSE 6 fabric products is obtained
- The NSE 6 certification is valid for two years
- For a candidate’s certification to remain valid, they must have passed any current exams associated with their areas of specialization. Candidate can renew their NSE 6 certification by taking the current NSE 6 exams at a Pearson VUE center.
- Obtaining NSE 8 certification automatically renews a candidate’s NSE 6 certification for the specializations they earned originally, even if their NSE 6 certification has expired.
About the NSE 6 Exams
- Specialist designation is earned by successfully passing one of the product-specific exams
- Language: English (some exams, such as FortiADC 4.4.0 Specialist, are also offered in Japanese)
- Available at: Pearson VUE testing centers worldwide
- Number of questions: 15 (the newer exams, such as FortiMail 5.3.8 Specialist, have 30 questions)
- Time allowed to complete: 30 minutes total test time for 15-question exams and 60 minutes for 30-question exams
- Scoring method: Your answer must be 100% correct for credit; no partial credit is given. There are no deductions for incorrect answers
- Type of questions: multiple choice, multiple select
- Time required between attempts: 15 days
- Transcript and Certificate: Upon passing the exam, your Fortinet NSE Institute transcript will be updated within five business days and you will be able to download a printable certificate from the NSE Institute
- NSE 6 designation is earned by passing four or more separate specialist exams
How to Enroll in NSE 6 Certification Training
To enroll in the NSE 6 courses you must have an account on the NSE Institute. If you are a partner, you must enter through the partner portal. Everyone else enters through the NSE Institute website.
Partners, customers, and employees must access the NSE Institute via the portals above to receive credit towards your standing with Fortinet. You must use your company email address to register.
The Training Course Schedule lets you browse for the upcoming scheduled courses in your local area.