Network Security Expert Program
NSE 4 – Network Security Professional
The NSE 4 – Network Security Professional designation recognizes your ability to install and manage the day-to-day configuration, monitoring, and operation of a FortiGate device to support specific corporate network security policies.
NSE 4 certification based on FortiGate Security and FortiGate Infrastructure courses are highly recommended to prepare you for the Fortinet NSE 4 – FortiOS 5.6 and Fortinet NSE 4 - FortiOS 6.0 exams.
There are presently two versions of the NSE4 exam：
Exam code: NSE4_FGT-6.0
Exam code: NSE4_FGT-5.6
You must pass the NSE 4 exam at a Pearson VUE test center.
To prepare for the current exam, we highly recommend that you take the FortiGate Security and FortiGate Infrastructure courses.
Who Should Attempt NSE 4?
Network and security professionals involved in the day-to-day management, implementation, and administration of a security infrastructure using FortiGate devices.
NSE 4 certification is achieved upon passing the NSE 4 exam. The NSE 4 certification is valid for 2 years.
- Candidate can renew their NSE 4 certification by taking the current NSE 4 exam at a Pearson VUE center.
- Obtaining NSE 7 certification automatically renews a candidate’s NSE 4 certification, if their NSE 4 certification has not expired
- Obtaining NSE 8 certification automatically renews a candidate’s NSE 4 certification, even if their NSE 4 certification has expired.
About the NSE 4 Exams
- Language: English and Japanese
- Available at: Pearson VUE Test Centers worldwide
- Number of items on FortiOS 5.6 exam: 70
- Time allowed to complete: 120 minutes total test time
- Scoring Method: Answers must be 100% correct for credit; there is no partial credit given. There are no deductions for incorrect answers
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice, Multiple Select
- Time required between attempts: 15 days
- Transcript and Certificate: Upon passing the exam, your Fortinet NSE Institute transcript will be updated within five business days and you will be able to download a printable certificate from the NSE Institute
How to Enroll in NSE 4 Certification Training
To enroll in the NSE 4 courses you must have an account on the NSE Institute. If you are a partner, you must enter through the partner portal.
Partners, customers, and employees must access the NSE Institute through the portals above to receive credit towards your standing with Fortinet. You must use your company email address to register.