Network Security Expert Program
NSE 4 - FortiGate Network Security Professional
NSE 4 Description
The FortiGate NSE 4 - Security Professional designation recognizes a candidate’s ability to configure, install and monitor the FortiGate Unified Threat Management products in a customer’s network.
NSE 4 Program Requirements
- Passing the NSE 4 exam at a Pearson Vue test center
FortiGate I and FortiGate II training is highly recommended to prepare you for the NSE 4 exam.
NSE 4 replaces earlier FCNSA+FCNSP certification. The FCNSA and FCNSP exams have been retired and are no longer available.
Existing FCNSP certificates qualify as NSE 4 for a limited time. FCNSP v4 certificates will be honored as NSE 4 through December 31, 2015. FCNSP v5 certificates will be honored a NSE 4 through December 31, 2016. If you hold an FCNSP certificate, you should renew your NSE 4 standing by taking the NSE 4 exam before your FCNSP certificate is expired.
Who Should Attempt the NSE 4
Post-sales and support personnel who want acknowledgement that they are a FortiGate Network Security Professional.
The NSE 4 certification is valid for 2 years. You can re-certify by taking the current NSE 4 exam at a Pearson Vue center.
About the NSE 4 Exam
- Name: NSE 4 - Fortinet Network Security Professional
- Language: English only
- Available at: Pearson Vue Test Centers worldwide
- Cost: $400
- Number of items: 60
- Time allowed to complete: 120 minutes total test time
- Passing Score: 70% for the FortiOS 5.2 exam. 60% for the FortiOS 5.4 exam
- Scoring Method: Item must be 100% correct for credit, no partial credit. No deduction for incorrect answers.
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice, Multiple Select
- Time required between attempts: 15 days
- Time for acknowledgement/score to be reflected in FLC transcripts: 21 days
How to Enroll in NSE 4 Certification Training
To enroll in the NSE 4 courses you must have an account on the Fortinet Learning Center (FLC). If you are a partner, you must enter through the partner portal. If you are an employee, login through your myfortinet.com site.
Partners and employees must access the FLC via the portals above to receive credit towards your standing with Fortinet.
If you are a customer, you can create an account using your company email address.
Once you’ve logged in, go to the catalog entry for NSE 4. You'll find options for classroom, virtual classroom or self-paced training.
To earn your NSE 4 certificate, you must take and pass the NSE 4 exam at a Pearson Vue test center.