Technical Training Courses
Secure Wireless LAN
In this two-day instructor-led classroom training, you will learn how to deploy, configure, and troubleshoot a secure wireless LAN using Fortinet solution: FortiGate, FortiAP, FortiWiFi, FortiCloud, FortiPlanner and FortiPresence.
The course explores RF concepts and key standards for wireless LAN, devices configuration, security settings and troubleshooting.
In interactive labs, you will enforce your knowledge deploying a secure wireless LAN centrally managed from the FortiGate wireless controller and/or FortiCloud AP network.
- Instructor-led classroom
FortiWiFi , FortiAP, and FortiGate 5.2
- Wireless Network Planning
- Wireless Controller
- Advanced Authentication
- Access Point Profiles
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain radio frequency behavior in wireless networks
- Identify key WFA, IEEE, and IETF standards
- Improve wireless coverage using FortiPlanner
- Deploy a full mesh or WLAN with multiple SSIDs
- Configure the wireless controller to deploy a WLAN
- Manage FortiAP networks through FortiCloud
- Offer guest Wi-Fi
- Introduce FortiPresence
- Use FortiAuthenticator and device identification for BYOD
- Thwart hotspot hackers with intra-SSID blocking, UTM, and wireless intrusion detection
- Block rogue APs
- Correctly use MAC filtering
- Understand fast roaming and wireless client load balancing
- Troubleshoot signal loss, slow connections, and authentication issues
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a Fortinet wireless solution.
- Familiarity with all topics presented in FortiGate I & II
There is no online version of this course. Training classrooms are equipped with lab equipment.
This course prepares you for the Fortinet Integrated and Cloud Wi-Fi Specialist Exam - FortiOS 5.2.2. This is one of the courses that prepares you to take the NSE 6 certification exam.
How to Enroll
Use the following link to enroll in the instructor-led format of this course through the NSE Institute: