Technical Training Courses
Secure Wireless LAN
In this 1-day instructor-led classroom training, you will learn how to deploy, configure, and troubleshoot a secure wireless LAN using Fortinet solution: FortiGate, FortiAP, FortiWiFi, FortiCloud, FortiPlanner and FortiPresence.
The course explores RF concepts and key standards for wireless LAN, devices configuration, security settings and troubleshooting.
In interactive labs, you will enforce your knowledge deploying a secure wireless LAN centrally managed from the FortiGate wireless controller and/or FortiCloud AP network.
- Instructor-led classroom
FortiWiFi , FortiAP, and FortiGate 5.2
- Wireless Network Planning
- Wireless Controller
- Advanced Authentication
- Access Point Profiles
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain radio frequency behavior in wireless networks
- Identify key WFA, IEEE, and IETF standards
- Improve wireless coverage using FortiPlanner
- Deploy a full mesh or WLAN with multiple SSIDs
- Configure the wireless controller to deploy a WLAN
- Manage FortiAP networks through FortiCloud
- Offer guest Wi-Fi
- Introduce FortiPresence
- Use FortiAuthenticator and device identification for BYOD
- Thwart hotspot hackers with intra-SSID blocking, UTM, and wireless intrusion detection
- Block rogue APs
- Correctly use MAC filtering
- Understand fast roaming and wireless client load balancing
- Troubleshoot signal loss, slow connections, and authentication issues
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a Fortinet wireless solution.
- Familiarity with all topics presented in FortiGate I & II
There is no online version of this course. Training classrooms are equipped with lab equipment.
This course prepares you for the Secure Wireless LAN Specialist Exam. This course is part of preparation for the NSE 6 certification exam.
How to Enroll
You can follow the links below to the Fortinet Learning Center catalog entries. You must be logged into the FLC to access these links: