Technical Training Courses
FortiWLC - Fortinet Wireless Controller
In this series of classes, you will learn how to design, implement, and maintain a channel-layered FortiWLC based wireless network.
- Administration (2-day class, 1/2 day lab)
- Implementation (3-day class, 1/2 day lab)
- Solution Design (optional 2-day class)
The practical labs provide hands-on experience in configuration, management, and monitoring of the wireless network.
It is recommended that you take the classes in the order listed above.
- Instructor-led classroom
- Instructor-led online*
- Self-paced online
* Private class only. Please contact your Fortinet Sales Representative.
FortiWLC - System Director 7.x
- Introduction and radio frequency concepts
- Monitoring and obtaining network statistics
- Troubleshooting client connectivity
- Managing and maintaining the network
- Monitoring and managing rogue devices
- Installing and integrating controllers into the network
- Implementing redundancy
- Installing and basic installation of FortiWLM.
- Deploying access points
- Implementing channel layers and stripes
- Publishing secure data, voice and guest wireless networks
- Introduction to and basic installation of FortiConnect
- Managing Apple Bonjour and multicast DNS traffic
- Performing a predictive coverage design of a wireless network
- Extending the coverage design to account for capacity
- Selecting the correct hardware and software components to support the design
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Size and plan a multiple channel layer wireless network for a medium-density client environment
- Deploy multiple controllers and integrate with the underlying wired network
- Understand and deploy controller redundancy
- Understand how to use and deploy different AP models
- Publish encrypted and guest wireless networks for use by your users
- Monitor and assess your wireless networks health and capacity
- Perform basic troubleshooting of client connectivity
- Perform day-to-day management of your wireless network
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is responsible for the design, implementation, and day-to-day management of a single-channel FortiWLC based wireless network.
A good understanding of wired and wireless technology and concepts is required to benefit from this course.
If you take the online version of this class, you must have a computer with:
- A High-speed Internet connection
- An Up-to-date web browser
- A PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
- HTML 5 support or
- Java runtime environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
A wired Ethernet connection is recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs (TCP ports 7022 & 7122).
The Administration and Implementation courses prepare you for the FortiWLC 7.x specialist exam, and are part of the preparation for the NSE 6 certification exam.
Attending the design course is not a requirement, but it is highly recommended for those wishing to become experts.
How to Enroll
Use the following links to enroll in the self-paced or instructor-led format of this course through the NSE Institute::