Technical Training Courses
In this three-day class, you will learn advanced FortiGate networking and security.
Topics include features commonly applied in complex or larger enterprise or MSSP networks, such as advanced routing, transparent mode, redundant infrastructure, advanced IPsec VPN, IPS, SSO, data loss prevention, abd diagnostics.
- Instructor-led classroom
- Instructor-led online*
- Self-paced online
* Private class only. Please contact your Fortinet Sales Representative.
- Virtual Domains
- Transparent Mode and Layer 2 Switching
- High Availability
- Advanced IPsec VPN
- Intrusion Prevention and Denial of Service
- Fortinet Single Sign-On (FSSO)
- Certificate Operations
- Data Loss Prevention
- Hardware Acceleration
After completing these modules, you will be able to:
- Deploy FortiGate devices as an HA cluster for fault-tolerance and high performance
- Inspect traffic transparently, forwarding as a Layer 2 device
- Analyze a FortiGate's route table
- Route packets using policy-based and static routes for multi-path and load-balance deployments
- Connect virtual domains (VDOMs) without packets leaving the FortiGate
- Implement a meshed / partially redundant VPN
- Diagnose failed IKE exchanges
- Fight hacking and denial of service (DoS)
- Offer Fortinet Single Sign-On (FSSO) access to network services, integrated with Microsoft Active Directory
- Inspect SSL/TLS-secured traffic to prevent encryption used to bypass security policies
- Understand encryption functions and certificates
- Defend against data loss by identifying files with sensitive data, and blocking them from leaving your private network
- Diagnose and correct common problems
- Optimize performance by leveraging the ASIC acceleration chips, such as CP or NPs, instead of only the CPU resources
- Implement IPv6 and hybrid IPv4-IPv6 networks
Who Should Attend
Networking and security professionals involved in the design, implementation, and administration of a security infrastructure using FortiGate appliances.
This course assumes knowledge of basic FortiGate fundamentals. We strongly recommend participants complete the FortiGate I course before starting this course.
- Knowledge of OSI layers
- Knowledge of firewalling concepts in an IPv4 network
- A thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of FortiGate, as presented in the FortiGate I course
If you take the online version of this class, you must have a computer with:
- High-speed Internet connection
- Up-to-date web browser with HTML 5 support
- PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
Wired Ethernet connection (not Wi-Fi) recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs.
This is part of the courses that prepares you for the NSE 4 certification exam.
How to Enroll
You can follow the links below to the Fortinet Learning Center catalog entries. You must be logged into the FLC to access these links: