Technical Training Courses
In this two-day class, you will learn how to use basic FortiGate features.
In interactive labs, you will explore firewall policies, basic VPNs, antivirus, web filtering, application control, user authentication, and more. These administrative fundamentals will provide you with a solid understanding of how to integrate basic network security.
- Instructor-led classroom
- Instructor-led online*
- Self-paced online
* Private class only. Please contact your Fortinet Sales Representative.
- Introduction to FortiGate
- Logging and Monitoring
- Firewall Policies
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Firewall Authentication
- SSL VPN
- Basic IPsec VPN
- Explicit Proxy
- Web Filtering
- Application Control
After completing these courses, you will be able to:
- Describe capabilities of FortiGate UTM
- Neutralize threats and misuse: viruses, torrents, and inappropriate web sites
- Control network access based on device type
- Authenticate users via firewall policies
- Apply port forwarding, source NAT, and destination NAT
- Offer an SSL VPN for secure access to your private network
- Establish an IPsec VPN tunnel between two FortiGate appliances
- Compare policy-based to tunnel-based IPsec VPN
- Interpret log entries
- Generate reports
- Use the GUI and CLI for administration
- Deploy the right operation mode
- Deploy an explicit proxy with firewall policies, authentication, and caching
- Evolve beyond port numbers with application control
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a FortiGate appliance.
You must master this course before attending FortiGate II.
TCP/IP network experience and a basic understanding of firewall concepts.
If you take the online version of this class, you must have a computer with:
- High-speed Internet connection
- Up-to-date web browser with HTML 5 support
- PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
Wired Ethernet connection (not Wi-Fi) recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs.
This course is part of preparation for the NSE 4 certification exam.
How to Enroll
You can follow the links below to the Fortinet Learning Center catalog entries. You must be logged into the FLC to access these links: