Technical Training Courses
In this 1-day class, you will learn how to use FortiAuthenticator for secure authentication.
In interactive labs, you will explore how to authenticate users, with FortiAuthenticator acting as a RADIUS, LDAP, or 802.1X EAP server, a certificate authority (CA), and logon event collector that uses — and extends — the Fortinet Single Sign-On (FSSO) framework to transparently authenticate users. You will explore captive portal guest management, FortiTokens, and digital certificates.
- Instructor-led classroom
- Instructor-led online*
- Self-paced online
* Private class only. Please contact your Fortinet Sales Representative.
- Introduction to FortiAuthenticator
- Deploying and Configuring FortiAuthenticator
- Administering and Authenticating Users
- Captive Portal
- Two-factor Authentication
- Certificate Management
- Fortinet Single Sign-On
- 802.1X Authentication
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Deploy and configure FortiAuthenticator
- Configure the LDAP and RADIUS service
- Configure the self-service portal
- Configure Captive Portal guest management (social Wi-Fi)
- Configure FortiAuthenticator and FortiGate for two-factor authentication
- Provision USB SmartCard FortiToken 200 hardware and FortiToken mobile software tokens
- Manage digital certificates (root CA, sub-CA, user, and local services digital certificates)
- Configure FortiAuthenticator as SCEP server for CRLs and CSRs
- Configure FortiAuthenticator as a logon event collector using the FSSO communication framework
- Configure FortiAuthenticator for wired/wireless 802.1x authentication, MAC-based authentication, and machine-based authentication using supported EAP methods
- Troubleshoot authentication failures
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a FortiAuthenticator appliance.
- FortiGate II
- Understanding of authentication, authorization, and accounting
If you take the online version of this class, you must have a computer with:
- High-speed Internet connection
- Up-to-date web browser
- PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
- HTML 5 support or
- Up-to-date Java runtime environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
Wired Ethernet connection (not Wi-Fi) recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs.
This prepares you for the FortiAuthenticator Specialist Exam. This course is part of preparation for the NSE 6 certification exam.
How to Enroll
Use the following links to enroll in the self-paced or instructor-led format of this course through the NSE Institute: