Technical Training Courses
In this 3-day class, you will learn how to isolate and fix the most common issues in networks with FortiGate.
In interactive labs, you will explore how to configure BGP and OSPF, and to resolve misconfigurations and improve performance.
- Instructor-led classroom
- Instructor-led online*
* Private class only. Please contact your Fortinet Sales Representative.
- Troubleshooting Concepts
- System Resources
- Network Troubleshooting
- Firewall Policies
- Firewall Authentication
- IPsec VPN
- Security Profiles
- Explicit Web Proxy
- Operation Modes
- External BGP
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Monitor traffic passing through FortiGate
- Optimize FortiGate memory usage
- Diagnose using FortiGate tools such as the built-in sniffer and "diagnose debug flow" command
- Monitor statistics for user traffic, traffic shaping, user authentication, IPsec, web proxy, BGP, OSPF and HA
- Troubleshoot issues with conserve mode, high CPU, firewall policies, session helpers, user authentication, IPsec, FortiGuard, UTM inspection, explicit web proxy, routing, and HA
- Describe the processing flow of FortiGate packet inspection
- Configure FortiGate for external BGP and OSPF
Who Should Attend
Networking and security professionals involved in the administration and support of a security infrastructure using FortiGate appliances.
This course assumes advanced knowledge of networking and FortiGate-specific fundamentals. As a result, if you are new to FortiGate, we do not recommend that you skip FortiGate I and II.
- Knowledge of network protocols
- Knowledge of network security concepts
- FortiGate I & FortiGate II
If you take the online version of this class, you must have a computer with:
- High-speed Internet connection
- Up-to-date web browser
- PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
- HTML 5 support or
- Up-to-date Java runtime environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
Wired Ethernet connection (not Wi-Fi) recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs.
This course prepares you for the NSE 7 certification exam.
How to Enroll
You can follow the links below to the Fortinet Learning Center catalog entries. You must be logged into the FLC to access these links: