Technical Training Courses
In this 1-day class, you will learn how to use FortiAnalyzer. You will explore setup, registering supported devices and securing communications, managing logs and archives, and configuring both predefined and customized reports.
This course provides a solid understanding of how to integrate FortiAnalyzer into your network awareness infrastructure.
- Instructor-led classroom
- Instructor-led online*
- Self-paced online
* Private class only. Please contact your Fortinet Sales Representative.
- Introduction to FortiAnalyzer
- Configuration & Administration
- Device Registration
- Logs & Archives
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe key features and concepts of FortiAnalyzer
- Deploy an appropriate architecture
- Manage ADOMs on both FortiAnalyzer and the devices that log to it
- Configure RAID
- Register supported devices
- Encrypt log transmission (SSL / IPSec)
- View & analyze current and historical logs (FortiView)
- Monitor events
- Apply disk quotas to log data from devices
- Backup, restore, and forward log data
- Use content archiving (summary and full)
- Understand the different stages of data processing, from receiving logs to compiling reports
- Understand SQL queries and datasets used by FortiAnalyzer reports
- Design datasets, charts, and custom reports
- Generate reports by schedule or on demand
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a FortiAnalyzer appliance and FortiGate security information.
- Familiarity with all topics presented in the FortiGate I and FortiGate II courses
- Knowledge of the SQL 'select' syntax is helpful
If you take the online version of this class, you must have a computer with:
- High-speed Internet connection
- Up-to-date web browser
- PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
- HTML 5 support or
- Up-to-date Java runtime environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
Wired Ethernet connection (not Wi-Fi) recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs.
This course is part of preparation for the NSE 5 certification exam.
How to Enroll
You can follow the links below to the Fortinet Learning Center catalog entries. You must be logged into the FLC to access these links: