Protect Your IoT Devices with the Fortinet Security FabricRead the white paper
Fortinet Security Fabric Meets Today’s IoT Security Requirements
The massive proliferation of IoT devices and their lack of security features present tremendous opportunities for hackers and significant security challenges for organizations.The expanding IoT attack surface can’t be protected with point products or even platform solutions that lack visibility and network-wide integration. This can only be accomplished with an integrated solution that delivers visibility, segmentation, and protection throughout the entire infrastructure, from IoT to the cloud.
To stop IoT threats, organizations need the ability to:
With complete network visibility, security solutions can authenticate and classify IoT devices to build a risk profile and assign them to IoT device groups.
All device traffic is visible via the Fortinet Security Fabric. At the core of the Fortinet Security Fabric is FortiOS, which runs on every Fortinet device, providing total IT awareness with instant visibility into every security element and key networking components.
- FortiGate with the Security Fabric lets you understand everything connected to your network thanks to the ability to learn and profile all devices attaching and communicating via the network.
- FortiSIEM shows and tracks all of your global IoT assets, even ones you didn’t know about.
- Our Secure Access solutions enables you to see and manage IoT devices at the access layer.
- With the Fortinet Fabric-Ready Partner Program, organizations can easily integrate with third-party IoT solutions while maintaining security and visibility.
Once the enterprise understands its IoT attack surface, IoT devices can be segmented into policy-driven groups based on their risk profiles, by the Fortinet Security Fabric. This keeps threats from spreading through your network. FortiGates can apply security policies based on device type and network access requirements.
- IoT policy groups automatically grant or limit IoT communication with specific networks and applications based on risk profile and usage requirements. This keeps potentially compromised IoT devices from passing along malware or exploits.
- FortiGate Internal segmentation firewalls provide layered security to inspect traffic and keep unauthorized traffic from reaching mission-critical systems or resources.
The policy-driven IoT groups and internal network segmentation enable monitoring, inspection, and policy enforcement based on the activity at various points within the infrastructure.
- A fast and synchronized response to IoT threats is delivered by the Security Fabric’s integrated defenses and the correlation of IoT security incidents and continuous threat intelligence.
- The advanced anti-malware, SSL inspection, application control, URL filtering, sandboxing, and additional security controls in the FortiGate enterprise firewall can be applied to protect IoT communications.
- To contain threats, compromised IoT devices can be quarantined and remediated at multiple points within the network, ensuring the malicious traffic does not reach critical systems or data.