Protect Your IoT Devices with the Fortinet Security FabricRead the white paper
Fortinet Security Fabric Meets Today’s IoT Security Requirements
The massive proliferation of IoT devices and their lack of security features present tremendous opportunities for hackers and significant security challenges for organizations.The expanding IoT attack surface can’t be protected with point products or even platform solutions that lack visibility and network-wide integration. This can only be accomplished with an integrated solution that delivers visibility, segmentation, and protection throughout the entire infrastructure, from IoT to the cloud.
To stop IoT threats, organizations need the ability to:
With complete network visibility, security solutions can authenticate and classify IoT devices to build a risk profile and assign them to IoT device groups.
At the core of the Fortinet Security Fabric is FortiOS, which runs on every Fortinet device, providing total IT awareness with instant visibility into every security element and key networking components.
- FortiSIEM lets IT discover and track all its global IoT assets, even ones it didn’t know about.
- Our Secure Access solutions enable FortiOS to see and manage IoT devices at the access layer.
- The Fortinet Fabric-Ready Partner Program enables organizations to easily integrate with third-party IoT solutions while maintaining security and visibility.
Once the enterprise understands its IoT attack surface, it can segment IoT devices and communication into policy-driven groups. This keeps threats from accessing and moving between groups.
- IT can apply security policies based on device type and network access requirements
- IoT policy groups grant or limit IoT communication based on risk profile and usage requirements.
- Internal network segments provide layered gateways to inspect traffic and keep unauthorized traffic from reaching mission-critical systems or resources.
The policy-driven IoT groups and internal network segmentation enable monitoring, inspection, and policy enforcement based on the activity at various points within the infrastructure.
- A fast and synchronized response to IoT threats is delivered by the Security Fabric’s integrated defenses and the correlation of IoT security incidents and threat intelligence.
- Antivirus, SSL inspection, application control, URL filtering, sandboxing, and more security controls can be applied to IoT communications.
- To contain threats, compromised IoT devices can be quarantined and remediated at multiple points within the network, ensuring the malicious traffic does not reach critical systems or data.