Network Security Expert FAQ
The NSE 1 course and exam are available free of charge.
NSE 4-7 courses and NSE 4-8 exam vouchers must be purchased from a local reseller. Resellers will be happy to provide pricing information.
If you don’t already have a reseller, visit: http://www.fortinet.com/partners/reseller_locator/locator.html to locate a reseller near you.
When you log in to the NSE Institute, you can use the search field on the home screen to find upcoming courses.
As soon as you are enrolled in a class or a lab, your enrollment appears on your dashboard on the NSE Institute.
- When a student is enrolled in a FortiGate Security or FortiGate Infrastructure lab, a notification is sent by email as soon as the enrollment is complete.
- When Fortinet receives the purchase order from your partner, including your contact information, for specific classroom training, Fortinet immediately sends you a confirmation of purchase. Then, 14 days before the training starts, you will receive a classroom-based training confirmation with the training address, office access information, and some logistics details.
- For vILTs or facilitated labs, an enrollment reminder will be sent by the instructor five days before the training begins.
- An unlimited number of candidates can participate in the self-paced version of any training available.
- The number of seats that candidates can reserve in the Instructor-led facilitated labs, virtual instructor-led training, and classroom training is limited to 12.
- Online training classes are available on the NSE Institute. Log in to the NSE Institute, and then click Training.
- If you do not have credentials for the NSE Institute, please sign up with using your company email address, or contact your local training coordinator. Do not use your personal email address or an alias.
- If you transfer to another company, contact your training team to request a transfer of your credits.
NSE 1 and NSE 4-7 are available online as a self-paced training or as virtual Instructor-led training.
All courses are available online except FortiWI-FI and FortiDDoS (NSE 6). These courses which require hardware are available only as classroom training.
If you are unable to attend a class that you registered for, notify your regional training coordinator before the class begins to be removed from the session.
Learn more about our Training Cancellation Policy.
Once you receive an exam voucher, you can take exams at the following locations:
Attending a course does not mean you are certified.
To be certified, you must pass an exam at a Pearson VUE Authorized Test Center. Certificates earned through Pearson VUE will appear in your profile on the NSE Institute within five business days after you pass your exam.
The time required to prepare for any level of the NSE program depends on the time a candidate spends studying, the experience they possess, and aptitude.
Candidates can potentially complete lower levels of the program quickly. The mid to upper-level technical levels of NSE 4-7 require a greater investment in time and resources in order to attend more formal training, proctored labs, and exams.
NSE 8, depending on the candidate’s experience, can require many months of preparation. NSE 8 is the expert-level, assessment-only part of the program and is intended only for very experienced technical professionals.
If you are already logged in to the NSE Institute, log in the following the steps in Accessing the NSE Institute
Click the certificate you want to download or print. The logo will appear.
Print the certificate or logo
Note: Candidates can print and download each certificate on their profile on the NSE Institute. Fortinet does not sent certificates automatically.
- NSE 1 certificate is available within two hours of completing the last qualifying course.
- NSE 4, 5, 6 and 7 certificates earned through Pearson VUE will appear in your profile within five business days after passing your exam.
- NSE 8 certification is awarded after the candidate passes both the written and the practical exams. NSE 8 written exam results will not be reflected on the NSE Institute. The candidate will receive a document showing the overall results: pass or fail. No further detail is provided. After the candidate passes the NSE 8 practical exam, the NSE 8 certification will be visible in the candidate’s profile approximately one month later.
Fortinet does not offer NSE 8 courses, however, the NSE 8 Public Handbook is a guide the candidate can use to identify gaps in and improve their knowledge:
To view an NSE 8 exam description, visit: https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/training/NSE8_Certification_ExamDescription.pdf
For answers to your questions, visit the NSE 8 FAQ: https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/training/NSE8_Certification_ExamFAQ.pdf
To access the NSE Institute, use your company email address only.
Enter the following URL in your browser(Google Chrome is recommended): https://training.fortinet.com/, and click Log in.
At the top of the NSE Institute page, click the menus to view course listings, a current schedule of classes, and NSE courses.
If necessary, click the following link to reset your password for your public user account: https://training.fortinet.com/login/forgot_password.php
Log in to the NSE Institute
Step 3:Do one of the following:
- To see the courses you are enrolled in, and the self-paced lessons you have started. Click "In Progress"
- o see the courses you have finished click "Completed"
You can enroll for the NSE 1 course and exam using a public account. NSE 2 and NSE 3 will be available soon.
For NSE 4-7 courses, your regional training coordinator will enroll you in the requested class: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org once the purchase order has been received.