Fortinet Breaks Away from The Pack with Achievements and Recognition from Independent Certifications and Validation
SUNNYVALE, Calif., December 7, 2015 — Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), the global leader in high-performance cybersecurity solutions, today announced a series of new achievements in third-party certification and validation tests across multiple Fortinet solutions. Fortinet FortiMail, FortiClient, and Web Content Filtering received recognition for high performance in independent tests measuring spam detection rates, anti-phishing effectiveness and virus protection.
“Earning these distinctions demonstrates the reliability, efficacy and value of our solutions, and also highlights our commitment to ensure we have the best products to help organizations protect their most valuable assets,” said Ken Xie, founder, chairman of the board and chief executive officer at Fortinet. “With today’s complex and ever-increasing cyber threats, businesses want to know that the vendors and solutions they choose can deliver on the promises they make. Third-party validation provides our customers with an independent, objective measure by which to judge security solutions in this highly competitive environment.”
- Fortinet FortiMail achieved a VBSpam+ award from Virus Bulletin for the November 2015 comparative, ranking second in spam detection with a final score of 99.98. This is Fortinet’s seventh VBSpam+ award, an industry-recognized standard for anti-spam testing and certification.
- For the August 2015 Anti-Phishing Test by AV-Comparatives, Fortinet Web Content Filtering with FortiClient received an Advanced+ rating, the highest rating for the anti-phishing test.
- In another test from Virus Bulletin, the VB100, an independent comparative testing of anti-virus products, Fortinet FortiClient scored high marks and strong competitive ranking in the Reactive and Proactive (RAP) average over October 2014 to April 2015. This test measures the chances new malware will be detected by the current signature as well as the detection of one- to three week- old malware.
These latest achievements further establish Fortinet’s dedication and commitment to submit their broad portfolio of cybersecurity solutions to the most rigorous testing and evaluation in an effort to arm businesses with the independent research they need to properly evaluate solutions that can deliver the security performance they need. Fortinet solutions consistently demonstrated superior security effectiveness, advanced features and superior performance when put to the test, yielding numerous accolades throughout 2015:
- Fortinet Receives Recommendation and Increased Rating from NSS Labs for Exceptional Endpoint Protection and Performance
- Fortinet Earns Numerous Department of Defense Cybersecurity Certifications
- Fortinet Earns NSS Labs Coveted ‘Recommended’ Rating for Breach Detection Systems
- Fortinet Earns Rigorous Common Criteria Certification, Further Solidifying Its Commitment to Protecting Public Sector Customers
- Fortinet Presented with 10-Year Excellence in Information Security Testing Award by ICSA Labs
- NSS Labs Recommends Fortinet for Superior Endpoint Protection and Performance
- Fortinet Receives Best Positioning of All Vendors in Latest NSS Labs Next-Gen Intrusion Prevention System Real-World Testing
The insights and results from independent testing help Fortinet ensure that it continually delivers the best in security functionality, performance and value to its customers. As a result, Fortinet has received more third-party competitive and performance-based product recommendations from research and testing labs than any other network security vendor.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2015 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and unregistered trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiManager, FortiMail, FortiClient, FortiCare, FortiAnalyzer, FortiReporter, FortiOS, FortiASIC, FortiWiFi, FortiSwitch, FortiVoIP, FortiBIOS, FortiLog, FortiResponse, FortiCarrier, FortiScan, FortiAP, FortiDB, FortiVoice and FortiWeb. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding product releases. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.