Fortinet is committed to corporate responsibility in our practices and all aspects of our business. We believe that by working together with our employees, customers, partners, suppliers, community stakeholders, and our broader ecosystem, we can positively contribute to creating a more sustainable world.
The objective of this page is to make it easy for our stakeholders to access information relative to ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) issues. It includes our charters and external-facing policies, alongside additional reports and other information related to our programs and activities.
Dow Jones Sustainability Index
Fortinet named to 2022 Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America Indices among the top sustainable companies in the Software and Services industry.
Publication date: Dec 9, 2022
S&P Global Corporate Sustainability Score
Fortinet scored 57 (out of 100) in the 2022 S&P Global Corporate Sustainability Assessment reflecting an improvement of 15 points over the past year.
Score date: Sept 23, 2022
Awarded a Bronze medal in recognition of sustainability achievement. Fortinet scored 54 (out of 100) with a 64th percentile.
Score date: Oct 10, 2022
- Fortinet's CSR Committee Charter
- Board of Directors Committees
- Social Responsibility Committee Charter
- Human Resources Charter
- Governance Committee Charter
- Audit Committee Charter
- Fortinet Environmental Policy
- Fortinet Conflict Minerals Policy
- Public Policy Disclosure
- Stockholder Communications Policy
- Fortinet's Whistleblower Policy to report compliance matters and prohibits retaliation
- Fortinet Human Rights Policy
- Company Code of Conduct
- Partner Code of Conduct
- Supplier/Vendor Code of Conduct
- Supply Chain Governance
- Fortinet Statement on Modern Slavery
- Fortinet Diversity & Inclusion Report
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO-1) Consolidated Employer Information Report as of December 31, 2021.
- Board of Directors Diversity: As of December 31, 2021, women represented one-third of the members of the Board of Directors, and approximately 56% of the Board was from underrepresented communities as defined by California’s AB 979.
Regulatory Environmental Product Compliance
100% of our products comply with all globally recognized Directives and Regulations worldwide, including:
- EU RoHS directive
- EU Packaging directive
- EU REACH Regulation
- Substances Restricted or Declarable by Other Legislations:
- POPs Convention, EU Council Decision 2006/507/EC
- US Nuclear Regulatory Commission Title 10 CFR Part 20 (Appendix C), Japan Law Concerning Prevention from Radiation Hazards, 2002, EU Directive 96/29/Euratom, 1996.
- Norwegian Product Control Regulations (FOR 2004-06-01 Nr. 922)
- EU Regulation 850/2004 on Persistent Organic Pollutants (known as the POPs Regulation)
- Norway - Commission Decision 2007/395/EC of June 2007
- Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants.
- EU Battery Directive
- US SEC Conflict Minerals Rule
- Fortinet's products do not contain fluorinated greenhouse gases or liquids nor prohibited substances
- WEEE compliance: Fortinet supports the EU Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) directive to properly dispose of and recycle Fortinet appliances in an environmentally friendly way. We require our distributors and resellers worldwide to perform WEEE-compliant collection, shipment, and processing of disposed products at no charge to the user. Fortinet’s products do not require special handling nor treatment from other common WEEE recyclables.