Comunicado de prensa
Fortinet and HashiCorp Announce FortiManager Integration with Terraform to Automate and Simplify Cloud Security
FortiManager Integration with HashiCorp Terraform Helps Customers Efficiently Deploy, Manage and Automate Security Across Even the Most Complex Multi-Cloud Environments
John Maddison, EVP of Products and CMO at Fortinet
“With the integration between FortiManager and Terraform, Fortinet and HashiCorp are enabling organizations to automate security provisioning, eliminate errors caused by misconfiguration, and simplify the rollout and change management of security policies. Ultimately, this integration provides organizations with more confidence to implement new applications while reducing their infrastructures’ complexities.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced integration between Fortinet's FortiManager and HashiCorp Terraform to simplify and automate Day 0 and Day 1 operations for multi-cloud and hybrid cloud deployments leveraging the Fortinet Security Fabric.
Automating Security Across Complex Cloud Environments
Over 90 percent of enterprises employ multi and hybrid clouds. As a result, cloud and network operational teams can be overwhelmed by managing infrastructure and deployments across the various different cloud environments they use. Organizations are challenged to interconnect applications and data across clouds, data centers, and branches, many times at the expense of compromising security and operational efficiency. At the same time, misconfiguration is the number one security risk affecting cloud deployments due in large part to manual processes.
With organizations leveraging hybrid cloud and multi-cloud to move faster and be more agile, they are looking to automate and scale their DevOps lifecycle through the use of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to provision, configure and tear down needed cloud infrastructure on demand.
Terraform Integration with the Fortinet Security Fabric
Fortinet’s integration with Terraform provides customers with more ways to efficiently deploy, manage and automate security across even the most complex multi-cloud environments. These integrations include:
- The latest FortiManager Terraform provider supports FortiOS versions 6.0, 6.2, 6.4, and 7.0. With this provider, DevOps teams can freely and easily deploy and leverage the Fortinet Security Fabric in their Terraform-enabled InfrastructureasCode (IaC) across any cloud deployments.
- Organizations can use the latest version of the FortiOS supported by the Terraform provider with a common configuration used across FortiOS 6.0 to 7.0 versions. This significantly reduces operational complexity and speeds deployment of FortiGate VM Next-Generation Firewalls. The FortiOS Terraform provider includes 38 categories, 587 resources, 226 data sources, 378 self-check modules, and 822 help files. It has registered more than 56,000 installs.
- With broad Terraform provider integration, the Fortinet Security Fabric delivers flexibility for organizations to pursue any digital innovation journey they need across clouds, with centralized management and visibility across all environments. Fortinet’s Adaptive Cloud Security offerings enable organizations to freely integrate cloud security from Fortinet in any cloud environment and support all cloud use cases across cloud network, applications and platform to help customers secure any application on any cloud.
HashiCorp Builds On Existing Integrations Through Open Fabric Ecosystem
HashiCorp is a key Fortinet Fabric-Ready technology alliance partner as part of the rapidly growing Open Fabric Ecosystem. With more than 400 integrations, the Open Fabric Ecosystem extends the breadth of the Security Fabric beyond Fortinet’s own products, achieving a more holistic view of the IT infrastructure, resulting in an overall greater ROI and comprehensive protection across customers’ entire digital attack surface.
With the most recent integration, Fortinet and HashiCorp deliver robust and deep security automation for DevOps-driven multi-cloud and hybrid cloud deployments leveraging the Fortinet Security Fabric. Fortinet offers the broadest native cloud security with tight integrations on major cloud platforms like Azure, Google Cloud, and AWS, further enabling customers to automate, orchestrate and simplify their operations securely between all major public cloud platforms, network edges, and data centers with Terraform integration.
Terraform can use code to orchestrate various cloud objects, devices on the cloud, and orchestrate the objects in these devices, which greatly improves the flexibility of deployment, shortens the deployment cycle, and makes large-scale dynamic deployment a reality, of great significance for deploying FortiOS on the cloud.
“We are excited about Fortinet’s new integration with Terraform. The new, verified Terraform provider for FortiManager and FortiOS enable operators to provision and manage Fortinet resources to better administer their multi-cloud infrastructure, minimizing cloud waste and improving security.” - Burzin Patel, Vice President Global Alliances at HashiCorp
- To learn more about Fortinet's FortiManager integration with HashiCorp's Terraform read this blog post.
- Watch how Fortinet makes possible a digital world you can always trust.
- View how the Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protection across an organization’s entire digital infrastructure.
- Learn more about the Fortinet Open Ecosystem, which provides integrated solutions to customers for comprehensive end-to-end security.
- Read more about how Fortinet customers are securing their organizations.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s free cybersecurity training, an initiative of Fortinet’s Training Advancement Agenda (TAA).
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs global threat intelligence and research and the FortiGuard Security Subscriptions and Services portfolio.
- Engage in the Fortinet User Community (Fuse). Share ideas and feedback, learn more about our products and technology, and connect with peers.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to Fortinet on YouTube.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) makes possible a digital world that we can always trust through its mission to protect people, devices, applications and data everywhere. This is why the world’s largest enterprises, service providers, and government organizations choose Fortinet to securely accelerate their digital journey. The Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protections across the entire digital attack surface, securing critical devices, data, applications, and connections from the data center to the cloud to the home office. Ranking #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide, more than 510,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. And the Fortinet NSE Training Institute, an initiative of Fortinet’s Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), provides one of the largest and broadest training programs in the industry to make cyber training and new career opportunities available to everyone. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2021 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiADC, FortiAP, FortiAppMonitor, FortiASIC, FortiAuthenticator, FortiBridge, FortiCache, FortiCamera, FortiCASB, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFone, FortiCarrier, FortiHypervisor, FortiIsolator, FortiMail, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiPlanner, FortiPortal, FortiPresence , FortiProxy, FortiRecorder, FortiSandbox, FortiSIEM, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiVoice, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLCOS and FortiWLM.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.