Comunicado de prensa
SoftBank Corp. Chooses Fortinet Secure SD-WAN to Accelerate Managed SD-WAN Services
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced that SoftBank Corp. ("SoftBank”) has chosen Fortinet Secure SD-WAN to accelerate and expand its portfolio of managed SD-WAN services to help enterprise customers keep up with the pace of digital innovation. The addition of Fortinet’s carrier-grade secure SD-WAN solution allows SoftBank to increase the security posture of enterprise customers by minimizing the attack surface, provide greater business agility with faster on-boarding, and simplify operations.
Organizations have embraced digital innovation to keep pace with emerging market trends, fluctuating customer demands, and increased competition. However, legacy network architectures are struggling to handle the workloads and complexities of today’s digital business, leading to disruption of business critical applications and poor user experience. Fortinet and SoftBank have come together to deliver innovative and cost-effective managed SD-WAN services to help enterprise customers through these challenges.
“When looking to expand our portfolio, we needed an SD-WAN solution that could deliver and enable, in addition to SD-WAN, a set of integrated and automated high-value services to solve our customers’ challenges,” explains Kunihiro Fujinaga, SVP and head of Enterprise Product and Business Strategy at SoftBank. “We chose Fortinet Secure SD-WAN with its built-in next-generation firewall security because it gives us a real advantage in providing a natively built-in service to significantly reduce onboarding efforts and speed time-to-market.”
Fortinet Secure SD-WAN enables simplified operations and full provision of core routing, SD-WAN and advance security using a single device powered by the industry’s first SD-WAN ASIC to accelerate performance. The solution is uniquely positioned to enable SoftBank to expand their SD-WAN offering as a revenue-generating value-added services platform – ensuring quick on-boarding, fast time-to-market, and cost reduction, while also driving new revenue and creating competitive barriers in the market place. Fortinet Secure SD-WAN enables the following value-added services:
- Advanced Security Services: Industry-leading next-generation firewall security embedded within the Fortinet Secure SD-WAN platform enables SoftBank to deliver a pre-integrated service that allows enterprise customers to quickly realize the benefits of SD-WAN while providing consistent protection against advanced threats. Secure Internet Access is one of the key service offerings provided by SoftBank, widely adopted by many large enterprises in Japan
- Network Analytics: Single-pane-of-glass management and monitoring with Fortinet Secure SD-WAN allows SoftBank to offer enterprise customers service assurance and advanced threat visibility.
- Multi-Cloud On-Ramp: Fortinet Secure SD-WAN accelerates cloud connectivity via the cloud on-ramp to SaaS and major public clouds (IaaS). This allows SoftBank to enable customers to extend SD-WAN, security, and end-to-end segmentation from the edge to the cloud.
“Fortinet and SoftBank together are positioned to deliver cost effective Secure SD-WAN solutions enabling secure, smart and high-performing networks” said John Maddison, EVP of products and CMO at Fortinet. “Fortinet is focused on delivering network and security automation and enabling smart connectivity solutions for today’s networks, while preparing for 5G mobile broadband connectivity to allow enterprise customers to future-proof their networks. We look forward to working together with SoftBank to enable WAN edge transformation with Secure SD-WAN.”
- Read more about Fortinet’s SD-WAN customer momentum.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN and Secure SD-Branch solutions.
- Find out more about Fortinet Secure SD-WAN’s position in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure and NSS Labs Recommended Rating.
- Find out how Fortinet’s Security Fabric delivers broad, integrated, and automated protection across an organization’s entire digital attack surface from IoT to the edge, network core and to multi-clouds.
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs and the FortiGuard Security Services portfolio.
- Learn more about the FortiGuard Security Rating Service, which provides security audits and best practices.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s Network Security Expert program, Network Security Academy program, and FortiVets program.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security features without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 425,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2019 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiADC, FortiAP, FortiAppMonitor, FortiASIC, FortiAuthenticator, FortiBridge, FortiCache, FortiCamera, FortiCASB, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFone, FortiCarrier, FortiHypervisor, FortiIsolator, FortiMail, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiPlanner, FortiPortal, FortiPresence , FortiProxy, FortiRecorder, FortiSandbox, FortiSIEM, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiVoice, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLCOS and FortiWLM.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.