Comunicado de prensa
Fortinet is the Only Vendor with Security Capabilities to Receive SD-WAN Recommended Rating in the First NSS Labs Software-Defined Wide Area Networking Test Report
John Maddison, SVP of products and solutions, Fortinet
“Fortinet leads the industry by combining best-of-breed SD-WAN and security in an integrated solution. The findings of the recent 2018 NSS Labs group tests highlight Fortinet as the only vendor in the industry to receive a “Recommended” rating in the SD-WAN and next-gen firewall group tests. FortiGate SD-WAN leverages patented security processor unit (SPU) technology to deliver exceptional total cost of ownership, giving our customers a competitive advantage with their digital transformation journey.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced its results from NSS Labs’ first Software-Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) Group Test. Fortinet’s FortiGate SD-WAN excelled in every category assessed by NSS Labs, showcasing a number of advantages, including:
- Highest quality of experience for VoIP: Even under tough conditions, including environments with combinations of jitter, packet loss and latency, FortiGate SD-WAN delivered high quality of experience (QoE) for enterprise-grade voice and video applications. FortiGate SD-WAN showcased robust results for voice and video applications of 4.38 out of 4.41 and 4.26 out of 4.53, respectively.
- Lowest total cost of ownership (TCO): FortiGate SD-WAN delivers the lowest TCO per Mbps (VPN throughput) among all participating vendors at a ratio of $5@749 Mbps. This is because of FortiGate SD-WAN’s custom-built security processors that rely on a new generation SOC3 (system-on-a-chip) to accelerates performance.
- Native NGFW security: SD-WAN is commonly used by enterprises adopting digital transformation to provide branches with direct internet connectivity and reduce latency while accessing cloud applications. FortiGate SD-WAN with native NGFW security blocked 100 percent of evasions and achieved 99.9 percent security effectiveness, proving that the solution can successfully protect branches from advanced attacks. FortiGate SD-WAN is integrated into the Fortinet Security Fabric, providing organizations with a stronger security posture through transparent views of network security, centralized management controls, and threat intelligence sharing.
A Top Choice for Secure SD-WAN
Traditional WAN solutions are breaking under the pressure of digital transformation. Growing traffic volume from the adoption of cloud services and increasing bandwidth consumption by voice and video are creating network bottlenecks and higher costs. SD-WAN offers a compelling alternative, which is why many enterprises are embracing it. But SD-WAN doesn’t come without its challenges, including degradation in the quality of sensitive apps like video and voice, as well as difficulty managing performance and the breadth of different applications and services. Additionally, many SD-WAN solutions aren’t natively secure, with bolt-on security creating a fragmented solution model that presents security risks and inefficiencies.
Fortinet’s FortiGate SD-WAN tackles the most difficult challenges of secure SD-WAN deployment and was the only NGFW security vendor to receive a “Recommended” rating in NSS Labs’ first-ever software-defined wide area networking report. Voice and video, two of the most difficult business-critical functions to prevent degradation, experienced virtually no loss of quality with FortiGate SD-WAN, even during brownout conditions. The test results also showed FortiGate SD-WAN to deliver excellent VPN performance and exceptional total cost of ownership. FortiGate SD-WAN is integrated into Fortinet’s award-winning next-generation firewall, which recently received a fifth consecutive “Recommended” rating from NSS Labs, blocking 100 percent of evasions and delivering high SSL performance. Combining high performance SD-WAN with an award-winning NGFW ensures organizations enjoy all the benefits of SD-WAN while keeping their data safe.
Organizations Around the World Deploy FortiGate SD-WAN
This announcement comes at the heels of recent customer traction showing that organizations around the world are increasingly choosing security and SD-WAN together via Fortinet’s FortiGate SD-WAN. The 2018 NSS Labs SD-WAN test results further prove that Fortinet delivers both an effective, low-cost SD-WAN solution and the right security to go with it, solidifying FortiGate SD-WAN as a compelling balance of security, performance and value.
FortiGate SD-WAN Works Within a Security Fabric Built Around NSS Labs-Recommended Solutions
Fortinet solutions consistently demonstrated superior security effectiveness, advanced features and superior performance when put to the test. Fortinet’s commitment to testing and validation has resulted in Fortinet solutions earning NSS Labs Recommended ratings across nine different group tests:
- Next-Generation Firewall
- What is SD-WAN
- Data Center Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Data Center Security Gateway
- Breach Prevention Systems
- Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System
- Breach Detection Systems
- Web Application Firewall
All of Fortinet’s NSS Labs-recommended solutions are designed to interoperate as part of a holistic security architecture through the Fortinet Security Fabric, producing a powerful, integrated end-to-end security solution across the entire attack surface.
“Fortinet continues to perform well in NSS Labs group testing. FortiGate SD-WAN delivers a high quality of experience for voice and video, excellent VPN performance and good total cost of ownership. Fortinet’s FortiGate SD-WAN should be considered by any organization looking for an affordable and effective offering that combines NGFW security and high performance SD-WAN.”
- Vikram Phatak, chief executive officer of NSS Labs
- Read more about Fortinet’s 2018 NSS Labs SD-WAN Test Results in the blog.
- Learn more about the FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall and NSS Labs SD-WAN Report results here.
- Read more about the Fortinet Security Fabric and the Third Generation of Network Security.
- Visit Fortinet’s FortiGate SD-WAN product page to learn more about this advanced security solution.
- Sign up for the weekly FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Briefs and the FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Service.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security features without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 350,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2018 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiASIC, FortiMail, FortiClient, FortiSIEM, FortiSandbox, FortiWiFi, FortiAP, FortiSwitch, FortiWeb, FortiADC, FortiWAN, and FortiCloud. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.