Comunicado de prensa
Fortinet FortiMail Receives Top AAA Rating in SE Labs Email Security Test
John Maddison, SVP of products and solutions at Fortinet
“Fortinet believes in the value of independent testing and validation so that customers can deploy the best product solutions for their environment. We are proud to receive an AAA rating from SE Labs in their newest test for email security services. The results demonstrate our commitment to developing and innovating the most effective security solutions in the industry.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced that its FortiMail Secure Email Gateway solution earned SE Labs’ top AAA rating in the 2018 Email Security Services (ESS) group test, while maintaining a perfect score in legitimate accuracy.
- FortiMail effectively addresses the latest email threats: SE Labs’ test results found that FortiMail demonstrated 100 percent detection of phishing attacks and 95 percent overall detection of advanced threats like business email compromise and targeted attacks with zero false positives.
- Fortinet consistently delivers independently top-rated protection: When tested alongside widely deployed email security products against the same sample sets of advanced threats, FortiMail was one of only three vendors to earn a top AAA rating and showed its value in augmenting the foundational controls in Microsoft Office 365.
- Fortinet is committed to independent testing: As the most independently tested and top rated security vendor in the industry, Fortinet continually participates in established test, including 50 plus consecutive VBSpam tests, 12 consecurity ICSA ATD tests, 5 consecutive NSS BDS tests, and emerging tests like the first ever NSS BPS test and this new SE Labs ESS test.
FortiMail Ranked Among Top Secure Email Gateway Solutions
Email continues to be the primary attack vector for cybercriminals, with 92.4 percent of all malware and over 90 percent of all reported security incidents starting with phishing emails, with malicious attachments or links being sent to and opened by company employees. Such attacks may lead to sensitive information and data getting into the hands of cyber criminals as well as costing organizations large sums of money.
Addressing these challenges requires selecting and implementing a Secure Email Gateway that can not only see and effectively stop threats, but also easily integrate into their larger security strategy. The AAA rated FortiMail fully integrates into the Fortinet Security Fabric, enabling organizations to deploy FortiMail as part of a complete end-to-end security solution.
“For our Email Security Services report, we run hundreds of tests ranging from basic to highly advanced for a number of threat categories – including phishing, social engineering, advanced malware and more – along with a control group of legitimate email. Fortinet FortiMail demonstrated strong effectiveness against this challenging set of threats with perfect accuracy, placing it among the top solutions with a high AAA rating.”
--Simon Edwards, CEO at SE Labs
- Please visit here for more details about FortiMail, including other independent test results.
- Sign up for the weekly FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Briefs or the FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Service
- Read more about the Fortinet Security Fabric or the Third Generation of Network Security.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security features without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 375,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2018 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiADC, FortiAP, FortiAppMonitor, FortiASIC, FortiAuthenticator, FortiBridge, FortiCache, FortiCamera, FortiCASB, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFone, FortiCarrier, FortiHypervisor, FortiIsolator, FortiMail, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiPlanner, FortiPortal, FortiPresence , FortiProxy, FortiRecorder, FortiSandbox, FortiSIEM, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiVoice, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLCOS and FortiWLM.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.