Data, Policies, and Standards
Product Design & Life Cycle Management
As a global cybersecurity leader, we believe it is our responsibility to respect the planet and contribute to the effort against climate change by reducing the footprint of our solutions, adhering to compliance and regulations worldwide, and adopting a responsible environmental approach throughout our value chain.
- Fortinet Environmental Policy
Diversity & Inclusion
Fortinet stands with communities around the world calling for equality, inclusion, fairness, and freedom for all people.
We see information security as a dynamic and growing industry that presents unique positive career opportunities for underrepresented groups. We are committed to actively fostering careers for members of those groups and providing a fair, inclusive and safe work environment for all of our employees.
- Our commitment to diversity:
- We take a holistic approach in reviewing our recruiting process and hiring practices to mitigate bias. We are implementing unconscious bias training across the organization, starting with our managers;
- We evaluate our hiring process to consider underrepresented qualified candidates for our open positions;
- We proactively engage in university recruiting year-round and connect with underrepresented student groups to enrich, network, and offer opportunities at Fortinet.
- Our commitment to inclusion:
- At Fortinet, we believe in bringing your authentic self to work each day and our Employee Resource Groups and meetups are just some examples of our inclusive culture;
- We focus on a workplace that supports our employees both professionally and personally so they can be their best at work.
For more information: Fortinet Diversity & Inclusion Report
Board of Directors Diversity
We lead from the top on diversity. Our Board is more diverse than most of our peers’ Boards with over 50% diversity in under-represented groups and a third of our directors are female.
Fair Pay and Benefits
Fortinet offers fair and competitive salaries and benefit plans around the world, and actively works to ensure that our pay practices remain attractive and fair to all employees. Fortinet health benefits, retirement plans, and/or allowances are customized to meet the unique needs of our employees in a variety of countries around the world.
Fortinet requires that all of its employees and suppliers comply with all applicable laws and regulations for all work they perform with the company.
Our suppliers must observe and comply with international principles relating to human rights, including but not limited to the Trafficking Victims Protection Act and the UK Modern Slavery Act of 2015. Violations of local minimum wage and maximum working hour requirements are unacceptable, as are forced labor scenarios and labor contracts that impose unreasonable legal or practical limitations on the workers’ ability to leave their employment. Child labor is not to be used. Finally, suppliers must never discriminate illegally based on race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, disability, union membership, marital status, or political affiliation.
For more information:
Fortinet engages in a continuous improvement of corporate governance policies and practices through the monitoring of trends and the review of inputs from our stockholders and other stakeholders. This process allows Fortinet’s Governance Committee to evaluate best governance practices for our company and make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Board of Directors: the majority of the members of Fortinet’s Board of Directors are independent directors. Our Board is more diverse than most of our peers’ Boards with over 50% diversity in under-represented groups and a third of our directors are female.
- Fortinet’s Board of Directors, on its own initiative, de-staggered its Board so, instead of three-year terms, each director has a one-year term and regularly comes up for assessment as to performance and election
- Compensation: The Fortinet Human Resources Committee provides oversight of Fortinet’s compensation policies, plans and benefits programs, and overall compensation philosophy. For details, please read the Human Resources Charter
- Governance Committee Charter
- Social Responsibility Committee Charter
- Stockholder Communications Policy
- Audit Committee Charter
- Shareholder consultation: in July 2020, on its own initiative, the Board amended its Bylaws to allow shareholders to call special meetings of shareholders for inputs as to how to improve its governance.
- Fortinet’s CSR Committee Charter
Fortinet is committed to conducting business with integrity and in compliance with the letter and the spirit of the law.
- Company Code of Conduct
- Partner Code of Conduct
- Supplier/Vendor Code of Conduct
- Supply Chain Governance
- Public Policy Disclosure
- Fortinet’s Whistleblower Policy sets forth a duty to report compliance matters and prohibits retaliation.
Regulatory Environmental Product Compliance
- Fortinet’s Conflict Minerals Policy
Our products comply with all major applicable Directives and Regulations worldwide including:
- EU RoHS directive, EU REACH Regulation
- EU Packaging directive
- Substances Restricted or Declarable by Other Legislations:
- EU Biocidal Products Directive (98/8/EC)
- POPs Convention, EU Council Decision 2006/507/EC
- US Nuclear Regulatory Commission Title 10 CFR Part 20 (Appendix C), Japan Law Concerning Prevention from Radiation Hazards, 2002, EU Directive 96/29/Euratom, 1996.
- Norwegian Product Control Regulations (FOR 2004-06-01 Nr. 922)
- EU Regulation 850/2004 on Persistent Organic Pollutants (known as the POPs Regulation)
- Canadian Prohibition of Certain Toxic Substances Regulations, 2012
- Norway - Commission Decision 2007/395/EC of June 2007
- Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants.
- EU Battery Directive
- US SEC Conflict Mineral Law
Fortinet is also committed to the proper disposal and recycling of electronic equipment through the support of the EU Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) directive to properly dispose of and recycle Fortinet appliances in an environmentally friendly way.
Fortinet requires its distributors and resellers worldwide to perform environmental-friendly, WEEE-compliant collection, shipment, and processing of disposed products, at no charge to the user.
Additionally, Fortinet’s products do not contain fluorinated greenhouse gases or liquids nor prohibited substances and, as such, do not require special handling nor treatment from other common WEEE recyclables.
Supply Chain Management
Fortinet produces the most energy-efficient appliances in the industry, helping our customers and partners reduce their power consumption and carbon footprint. Fortinet’s key Contract Manufacturers are ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Certified and have their own ESG policies and reporting standards.
Our suppliers and vendors comply with major standards outlined in RBA Code of Conduct sections: Labor, Health & Safety, Environment and Business Ethics.