Network Security Expert Program
NSE 5 – Network Security Analyst
The NSE 5 – Network Security Analyst designation recognizes the ability to produce network analysis and reporting using FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer. FortiSIEM has been added to NSE 5, and while presently there is a FortiSIEM course, an exam will be available early in 2019.
NB: FortiInsight (formerly Zonefox) 5.2 does not have a certification at a Pearson VUE. The certification exam will be included in the upcoming version of the training.
- Candidates must pass the FortiAnalyzer 6.0 Specialist and the FortiManager 6.0 Specialist exams.
These exams are available at Pearson VUE test centers.
While the FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer courses are not prerequisites for the exam, they are recommended.
Who Should Attempt the NSE 5 Exam?
Network and security professionals who require the expertise to use FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer to centrally manage, analyze, and report upon Fortinet security devices.
- NSE 5 certification requires passing both the FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer Specialist exams.
- The NSE 5 certification is valid for two years
- Candidate can renew their NSE 5 certification by taking the current NSE 5 exams at a Pearson VUE center.
- Obtaining NSE 7 certification automatically renews a candidate’s NSE 5 certification, if their NSE 5 certification has not expired.
- Obtaining NSE 8 certification automatically renews a candidate’s NSE 5 certification, even if their NSE 5 certification has expired.
About the NSE 5 exams
- Language: English and Japanese
- Available at: Pearson VUE Test Centers worldwide
- Scoring Method: Answers must be 100% correct for credit; there is no partial credit given. There are no deductions for incorrect answers
- Type of questions: Multiple choice and multiple select
- Time required between attempts: 15 days
- Transcript and Certificate: Upon passing the exam, your Fortinet NSE Institute transcript will be updated within five business days and you will be able to download a printable certificate from the NSE Institute
About the FortiAnalyzer 6.0 Specialist exam
- Number of items: 25
- Time allowed to complete: 50 minutes total test time
About the FortiManager 6.0 Specialist exam
- Number of items: 35
- Time allowed to complete: 70 minutes total test time
How to Enroll in NSE 5 Certification Training
To enroll in the NSE 5 candidates must have an account on the NSE Institute. If the candidates is a partner, they must enter through the partner portal. Everyone else can enters through the NSE Institute website.
Partners, customers, and employees must access the NSE Institute using the portals listed above to receive credit towards your standing with Fortinet. You must use your company email address to register.