Technical Training Courses
FortiWLC - Fortinet Wireless Controller
In this three-day class, candidates will learn how to design, implement, and maintain a basic, single channel FortiWLC-based wireless network.
The practical labs will give candidates hands on experience in configuration, management, and monitoring of the wireless network.
- Instructor-led classroom
- Instructor-led online*
- Self-paced online
* Private class only. Please contact their Fortinet Sales Representative.
- Introduction to the FortiWLC and single channel networking concepts.
- Radio frequency planning.
- Plan and design a basic single channel.
- Installing and configuring the FortiWLC.
- Integrating FortiWLC with the wired network.
- Selecting FortiAPs and planning their locations.
- Installing and configuring FortiAPs.
- Building and broadcasting the wireless network.
- Monitoring the wireless network.
- Gathering information for troubleshooting connectivity and performance issues.
- Resolving connectivity and performance problems.
- Managing and maintaining the wireless network.
After completing this course, candidates will be able to:
- Plan a simple, single channel wireless network for a low-to-medium density client environment.
- Deploy a single controller to an access point and integrate with the underlying wired network.
- Publish encrypted and guest wireless networks for use by their users.
- Monitor and assess their wireless networks health and capacity.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of client connectivity.
- Perform day-to-day management of their wireless network.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is responsible for the day-to-day management of a single channel FortiWLC-based wireless network.
A good understanding of wired and wireless technology and concepts is required to benefit from this course, such as:
- TCP/IP network experience.
- Knowledge of OSI layers.
- Experience with multichannel-wireless networks.
If candidates take the online version of this class, candidates must have a computer with:
- A High-speed Internet connection
- An Up-to-date web browser
- A PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
- HTML 5 support or
- Java runtime environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
A wired Ethernet connection is recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs (TCP ports 7022 & 7122).
This course prepares candidates for the FortiWLC 8.2 Specialist exam.
This specialization qualifies as one of the four required specializations to achieve the NSE 6 Network Security Specialist exam.
How to Enroll
Click here and navigate to the NSE 6 section.