Technical Training Courses
In this one-day class, candidates will learn the fundamentals of using FortiAnalyzer 6.0 for centralized logging and reporting. Candidates will learn how to configure and deploy FortiAnalyzer, and identify threats and attack patterns through logging, analysis, and reporting. Finally, students will examine some helpful troubleshooting techniques.
In interactive labs, candidates will explore administration and management, register devices for log collection with FortiAnalyzer, use FortiAnalyzer to centrally collect logs; perform a forensic analysis of logs based on simulated network attacks; create reports, and explore solutions to common misconfiguration issues.
- Instructor-led Classroom
- Instructor-led online
- Self-paced online
- Introduction and Initial Configuration
- Administration and Management
- Device Registration and Communication
After completing this course, candidates will be able to:
- Describe key features and concepts of FortiAnalyzer
- Deploy an appropriate architecture
- Use administrative access controls
- Monitor administrative events and tasks
- Manage ADOMs
- Configure RAID
- Register supported devices
- Troubleshoot communication issues
- Manage disk quota
- Manage registered devices
- Protect log information
- View and search logs
- Troubleshoot and manage logs
- Monitor events
- Generate and customize reports
- Customize charts and datasets
- Manage reports
- Troubleshoot reports
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a FortiAnalyzer appliance and FortiGate security information.
- Familiarity with all topics presented in FortiGate Security and FortiGate Infrastructure
- Knowledge of the SQL select syntax is helpful
If you take the online version of this class, candidates must have a computer with:
- High-speed Internet connection
- Up-to-date web browser
- PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
- HTML 5 support or
- Up-to-date Java runtime environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
Wired Ethernet connection (not Wi-Fi) is recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs.
This course will help candidates to prepare for the FortiAnalyzer Specialist exam.
NSE 5 Network Security Analyst certification requires passing at least two NSE 5 Specialist exams.
Learn more about the NSE 5 Certification.
How to Enroll
Click the link here and navigate to the NSE 5 section.