Network Security Expert Program
NSE 6 – Network Security Specialist
The NSE 6 – Network Security Specialist designation recognizes your broad and in-depth skills with Fortinet’s security products. This designation is earned by demonstrating your skill in four or more Fortinet products within the NSE 6 level.
NSE 6 Certification requires passing a minimum of any four Fortinet specialist exams from the list below:
- FortiMail 5.3.8 Specialist
- FortiWeb 5.6.0 Specialist
- FortiADC 4.4.0 Specialist
- FortiAuthenticator4.0.0 Specialist
- FortiDDoS4.0 Specialist
- FortiSandbox 2.0.3 Specialist
- Fortinet Integrated and Cloud Wi-Fi Specialist – FortiOS 5.2.2
- FortiWLC Specialist – SD 7.x
Fortinet specialist exams are hosted at Pearson VUE testing centers worldwide.
If the specialist exam is not available in your locale, contact your regional training administrator for more information and accommodation.
The corresponding courses to each of these technologies are highly recommended, but not required, to take the exams.
Who Should Attempt NSE 6?
Network and security professionals involved in managing and supporting specific Fortinet security products.
NSE 6 certification is achieved upon passing any four specialist exams at the NSE 6 level. The NSE 6 certification is valid for 2 years. You can certify or re-certify by taking four current NSE 6 exams at a Pearson VUE center. For more information about recertification, click here.
About the NSE 6 Exams
Note: the NSE 6 exam, which was a compilation of four specialist exams selected by the candidate, is no longer available. The newer specialist exams will be comprised of 30 questions each, which would have made the NSE 6 exam four hours long. We did not think that this was fair to or feasible for the examinees.
Fortinet Specialist Exams
- Specialist designation is earned by successfully passing one of the product-specific exams
- Language: English (some exams, such as FortiADC 4.4.0 Specialist, are also offered in Japanese)
- Available at: Pearson VUE testing centers worldwide
- Cost: $150
- Number of questions: 15 (the newer exams, such as FortiMail 5.3.8 Specialist, have 30 questions)
- Time allowed to complete: 30 minutes total test time for 15-question exams and 60 minutes for 30-question exams
- Scoring method: Your answer must be 100% correct for credit; no partial credit is given. There are no deductions for incorrect answers
- Type of questions: multiple choice, multiple select
- Time required between attempts: 15 days
- Transcript and Certificate: Upon passing the exam, your Fortinet NSE Institute transcript will be updated within two days and you will be able to download a printable certificate from the NSE Institute
- NSE 6 designation is earned by passing four or more separate specialist exams
How to Enroll in NSE 6 Certification Training
To enroll in the NSE 6 courses you must have an account on the NSE Institute. If you are a partner, you must enter through the partner portal. Everyone else enters through the NSE Institute website.
Partners, customers, and employees must access the NSE Institute via the portals above to receive credit towards your standing with Fortinet. You must use your company email address to register.
Once you’ve logged into the NSE Institute, go to the Network Security Expert catalog and search for courses by title:
The Training Course Schedule lets you browse for the upcoming scheduled courses in your local area.