Technical Training Courses
In this 1-day class, you will learn how to configure and administrate the most commonly used features of a FortiADC. In interactive labs, you will explore Layer 4 and Layer 7 server load balancing, link load balancing, global load balancing, high availability, firewall policies, advanced routing and more. These administrative fundamentals will provide you with a solid understanding of how to implement an application delivery controller.
- Instructor-led classroom
- Instructor-led online*
- Self-paced online
* Private class only. Please contact your Fortinet Sales Representative.
- Introduction and System Settings
- Server Load Balancing
- Link Load Balancing and Advanced Networking
- Global Load Balancing
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the advanced load balancing features of FortiADC VM / D series platforms
- Deploy FortiADC
- Intelligently distribute traffic among multiple servers based on the content of the TCP or HTTP layer
- Automatically route the traffic to another server if a problem is detected
- Load balance inbound & outbound traffic among multiple redundant Internet uplinks
- Distribute traffic among data centers in different geographical locations
- Improve performance by offloading compression & encryption / decryption of SSL / TLS traffic to FortiADC
- Protect your servers from connection attempts coming from malicious IP addresses
- Implement HA for failover protection
- Harden the network by using security features on FortiADC
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a FortiADC VM or D series appliance.
- TCP/IP networking experience
- Basic understanding of web applications
If you take the online version of this class, you must have a computer with:
- High-speed Internet connection
- Up-to-date web browser
- PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
- HTML 5 support or
- Up-to-date Java runtime environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
Wired Ethernet connection (not Wi-Fi) recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs.
This course prepares you for the FortiADC 4.4 Specialist Exam. This course is part of preparation for the NSE 6 certification exam.
How to Enroll
Click here and navigate to the NSE 6 section.