Media Advisory: Fortinet Joins Global Leaders and Experts at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity 2022
Ken Xie, Founder, Chairman of the Board, and CEO at Fortinet
“Fortinet has always had a belief that cybersecurity is a force for good and that making the internet a safe place for everyone is important. As the digital attack surface extends across borders and industries, cyber adversaries continue to threaten the digital economy. We remain committed to working with the World Economic Forum and with global experts across business sectors, governments, and international organizations in an effort to mobilize the collective ideas and influence to make the online world more trustworthy and secure.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated, and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced the company will again participate in the Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity 2022, hosted by the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Geneva, Switzerland. November 14 – 16, 2022.
- Fortinet will participate on a panel to help lead a discussion of scalable approaches to circumvent new and emerging cybercrime threats at this year’s gathering of luminaries and experts.
- Through its partnership with WEF, Fortinet is advancing its initiatives to reduce cybersecurity risks for organizations and people globally by disrupting cybercrime and working to close the cyber skills gap.
Fortinet Executive Speaking Session at the Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity 2022
Cybercrime: Staying Ahead of the Curve
When: Tuesday, November 15, 2022 at 11 A.M. GMT
Moderator: Jacky Fox, Managing Director; Lead, Accenture Security, Europe at Accenture
- Daniel Barriuso, Chief Information Security Officer at Banco Santander
- Derek Manky, Chief Security Strategist and VP, Threat Intelligence at Fortinet’s FortiGuard Labs
- Vishaal Hariprasad, CEO at Resilience
Panel Overview: As technological innovations continue to proliferate at an exponential pace, so do the capabilities of malicious actors who collaborate among each other by sharing information on new attack techniques and tools. To stay ahead of cybercriminals, more collaboration is needed between public-private actors in the wider system. This panel, associated with the WEF Partnership Against Cybercrime initiative, will examine what effective and scalable approaches can help circumvent these new and emerging threats.
Fortinet Works with WEF to Address Biggest Cyber Challenges
As part of Fortinet’s mission to secure people, devices, and data everywhere, the company is a founding member of the WEF Centre for Cybersecurity. Fortinet executives are longstanding contributors in the Centre’s efforts to improve digital trust with a global response to addressing systemic cybersecurity challenges, such as cybercrime and the cyber skills shortage. Also, as a leader within the WEF Centre for Cybersecurity community, Fortinet is a substantial contributor to the Partnership Against Cybercrime, which is driving momentum for public-private partnership to disrupt cybercrime and also the Cybersecurity Learning Hub, which aims to further develop cyber skillsets to address the global talent shortage.
- Read our blog for more information about Fortinet’s leadership and contributions within the Partnership Against Cybercrime.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s commitment to address the cybersecurity skills gap by pledging to train 1 million people globally across the next five years through Fortinet Training Institute programs.
- Find out more about Fortinet’s free cybersecurity training, which includes broad cyber awareness and product training. As part of the Fortinet Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), the Fortinet Training Institute also provides training and certification through the Network Security Expert (NSE) Certification, Academic Partner, and Education Outreach programs.
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs threat intelligence and research or Outbreak Alerts, which provide timely steps to mitigate breaking cybersecurity attacks. Read more about Fortinet’s FortiGuard security services portfolio.
- Read more about how Fortinet customers are securing their organizations.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to Fortinet on our blog or YouTube.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) makes possible a digital world that we can always trust through its mission to protect people, devices, and data everywhere. This is why the world’s largest enterprises, service providers, and government organizations choose Fortinet to securely accelerate their digital journey. The Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protections across the entire digital attack surface, securing critical devices, data, applications, and connections from the data center to the cloud to the home office. Ranking #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide, more than 615,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. And the Fortinet NSE Training Institute, an initiative of Fortinet’s Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), provides one of the largest and broadest training programs in the industry to make cyber training and new career opportunities available to everyone. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2022 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiADC, FortiAP, FortiAppMonitor, FortiASIC, FortiAuthenticator, FortiBridge, FortiCache, FortiCamera, FortiCASB, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFone, FortiCarrier, FortiHypervisor, FortiIsolator, FortiMail, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiPlanner, FortiPortal, FortiPresence , FortiProxy, FortiRecorder, FortiSandbox, FortiSIEM, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiVoice, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLCOS and FortiWLM.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.