Fortinet Introduces the World’s First Terabit Firewall Appliance and Market Leading 100 Gbps NGFW Chassis
The FortiGate 3980E and FortiGate 7060E Both Deliver Performance Validated in Ixia’s Rigorous New CloudStorm 100GE Application and Security Testing
SUNNYVALE, Calif., February 2, 2017
Ken Xie, founder, chairman of the board and chief executive officer at Fortinet
“Cloud computing, IoT, and a hyper-connected digital economy have been straining enterprise IT resources and rapidly increasing the performance demands required from today’s security solutions. Enterprises cannot afford to sacrifice their network performance or their security features in this highly competitive and constantly evolving landscape. Fortinet is continually innovating to deliver the highest performing and most secure solutions on the market, enabling our customers to fully leverage their technology infrastructures with the confidence that their users and data are secure.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), the global leader in high-performance cybersecurity solutions, today announced new solutions that expand Fortinet’s top-tier enterprise firewalls for enterprise, data center, and service provider customers. The FortiGate 3980E is the world’s first security appliance to achieve Terabit per second (Tbps) firewall performance and the FortiGate 7060E delivers market-leading 100 Gigabit per second (Gbps) of next-generation firewall throughput in a chassis form-factor.
Both enterprise firewalls leverage Fortinet’s advanced Security Processing Units (SPU) to deliver unprecedented performance, effortless scale, and superior Security Fabric defenses so large enterprises don’t have to compromise between security features or network speed disruption.
FortiGate 3980E Enterprise Firewall
Fortinet’s 3000 series of enterprises firewalls are engineered to deliver the highest firewall performance in a compact appliance form-factor. Fortinet is expanding this enterprise offering with the launch of the FortiGate 3980E enterprise firewall.
- The FortiGate 3980E enterprise firewall is the world’s first terabit per second network security appliance – delivering 1.12 Tbps firewall performance in addition to 470 Gbps secured VPN throughput
- The FortiGate 3980E performance is validated by Ixia’s BreakingPoint and latest CloudStorm 100GE Application and Security Test Load Module.
- This performance enables the FortiGate 3980E to function as a data center firewall, to secure interconnectivity between data centers, or as an internal data center segmentation firewall.
- Ideally suited for enterprises that need very high network throughput and deep inspection delivered in a compact form factor that reduces the footprint and operating costs.
- Features 32 discrete SPUs to accelerate security and networking processes while reducing heat and energy consumption.
- The FortiGate 3980E also hosts two GE RJ45, sixteen 1/10 GE SFP/SFP+, and ten 100 Gigabit QSFP28 ports for maximum density and flexibility.
FortiGate 7060E Enterprise Firewall
Fortinet’s new 7060E represents the most advanced enterprise firewall solution on the planet and is ideal for large enterprise, data center, and service provider deployments that cannot afford to compromise on throughput, scale, and advanced security capabilities.
- The FortiGate 7060E enterprise firewall is a streamlined, modular, chassis-based firewall with unprecedented threat protection throughput and flexibility to suit specific deployment and usage requirements with up to four Security Processing blades for blistering NGFW and SSL performance and up to two I/O modules for maximum interface density and network bandwidth.
- The FortiGate 7060E was also subjected to Ixia’s BreakingPoint and new CloudStorm 100GE Application and Security testing – claiming the title of the World’s Fastest NGFW with 100 Gbps of demonstrated NGFW performance, and individually delivering 160 Gbps application control, and 120 Gbps intrusion prevention throughput.
- The FortiGate 7060E offers superior networking flexibility with up to eight 100 GE (Gigabit Ethernet) ports, sixteen 40 GE ports, or sixty-four 10 GE ports.
- The modularity and flexibility of the 7060E, combined with high NGFW throughput enables flexible deployment options that span from the network edge to the data center core, including advanced internal segmentation firewall configurations.
- The FortiGate 7060E enterprise firewall is available in simplified packages with centralized pricing and licensing tied to the chassis instead of individual blades to reduce complexity and deliver enhanced price to performance.
Dennis Cox, Chief Product Officer at Ixia
“Today’s complex and increasingly hostile threat landscape has created unique challenges for enterprises looking to design and implement the very best security solutions for their organizations. Our goal at Ixia is to simplify the selection process for customers through rigorous, real-world testing of security solutions that demonstrates and validates actual effectiveness before purchase. This testing enables enterprises and carriers to quickly and easily make informed decisions and ensure that they implement solutions that best match the needs of their unique organizations.”
FortiGate 7060E and 3980E will be available by the end of the first quarter of 2017. Please contact your authorized Fortinet reseller for additional details.
- Please visit https://www.fortinet.com/products/firewalls/firewall/fortigate-high-end.html for more details about the Fortinet’s High-End FortiGate Enterprise and Data Center Security Solutions.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter and LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Join the conversation on the Fortinet blog.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 290,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2017 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and unregistered trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiManager, FortiMail, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiCare, FortiAnalyzer, FortiReporter, FortiOS, FortiASIC, FortiWiFi, FortiSwitch, FortiVoIP, FortiBIOS, FortiLog, FortiResponse, FortiCarrier, FortiScan, FortiAP, FortiDB, FortiVoice and FortiWeb. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.