Fortinet Reaches Innovation Milestone of More than 300 Issued Patents
Fortinet Demonstrates Ongoing Mission to Redefine Cybersecurity from IoT to the Cloud with Expanded Patent Portfolio, Fortinet Security Fabric, FortiASIC and FortiGate Innovations
Michael Xie, founder, president and chief technology officer, Fortinet
“When we founded the company 16 years ago, we foresaw the move to IoT, BYOD, and the cloud. Our strong foundation of innovation and unprecedented patent portfolio has enabled us to stay ahead of the ever-evolving threatscape. We were the first to identify the internal segmentation trend two years ago, which is now gaining significant momentum in the market. Our Security Fabric uniquely positions us to address the security challenges faced by enterprise customers today. We will continue to invest in technologies to help power our Security Fabric and that enable our customers to implement innovative security strategies for seamless, comprehensive threat protection across the expanding attack surface.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), the global leader in high-performance cybersecurity solutions, today announced that it has expanded its patent portfolio of technology innovation worldwide.
- Fortinet has reached more than 300 issued patents worldwide and over 250 pending patent applications, a record among security vendors.
- Each patent represents a new and useful invention in cybersecurity, which reflects Fortinet’s innovation leadership, technology vision, and dedication to helping customers stay ahead of the ever-evolving threatscape.
Security Innovation is Critical to Drive Competitive Differentiation in the Digital Economy
Today’s digital economy connects more users, devices, applications, and data than ever before to drive business value. In addition, the rise in cybersecurity attacks is driving enterprises to re-examine their security architectures in favor of a multi-layered approach to protect the network from the inside out. To successfully compete, organizations need to implement a security strategy that can see and govern this data across an entire borderless network without compromising agility or business performance.
- Fortinet continues to lead the industry with differentiated technologies like the FortiGate enterprise firewall platform, purpose-built ASIC technology, and the FortiOS security operating system. In particular, Fortinet’s Security Fabric weaves together highly advanced hardware and software with advanced segmentation capabilities into an integrated architecture to deliver seamless, comprehensive threat protection through the infrastructure core and into the cloud.
Fortinet’s history of innovation and protection of its intellectual property through patents includes inventions related to:
- Cloud based white-listing
- Security and network virtualization
- Enterprise firewalls
- Solutions to prevent distributed denial of service, or DDoS, attacks
- Advanced network content processing
- Content filtering
- Network management and network optimization
- Advanced load balancing
- Security policy enforcement and remediation
- Read more on our blog about meaningful innovation and our commitment to third party testing
- Find out more about Fortinet’s history of innovation online.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2016 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and unregistered trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiManager, FortiMail, FortiClient, FortiCare, FortiCloud, FortiAnalyzer, FortiReporter, FortiOS, FortiASIC, FortiWiFi, FortiSwitch, FortiVoIP, FortiBIOS, FortiLog, FortiResponse, FortiCarrier, FortiScan, FortiAP, FortiDB, FortiVoice and FortiWeb. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.