Fortinet Acquires Panopta
Complete Network and Security Operations Management
As customers accelerate their digital innovation initiatives, ensuring that the infrastructure has a 100 percent uptime with continuous networking and security services is key to ensuring a successful business outcome and a seamless user experience. Therefore, an IT operations lead needs a complete picture of every service, network device, and application in any deployment, whether it is containers, cloud, on-prem, or hybrid.
Panopta is the platform that delivers cloud-based full stack visibility combined with automated remediation of the health of the network, including servers, network devices, containers, applications, databases, virtual appliances, and cloud infrastructure. And as a result of today’s announcement, Fortinet’s Security Fabric, integrated with Panopta’s scalable, network monitoring and diagnostics platform, will become the most comprehensive network and security operations management solution for enterprises or service providers.
The two technologies together will enhance the real-time monitoring and effectiveness of critical infrastructure that powers Fortinet’s security services, including cloud-based – SASE, email, security analytics, and web application firewalls. Integration with FortiGate and Secure-SDWAN will help enhance SDWAN connectivity and performance. Panopta’s automated incident management combined with our SOAR can deliver a single platform view of network health and security incidents.
Panopta’s platform is built to be partner friendly with role-based access controls to help deliver a secure segmentation between customers, and also within the Network Operations Center (NOC) and Security Operations Center (SOC) teams.
In the current remote workforce environment, the availability, performance, security, and quality of an application all impact the end-user experience. Panopta’s solution analyzes both network health metrics and application performance to identify potential problem areas that impact user access and enables rapid, automated remediation (also called Digital Experience Monitoring or DEM).
With the Panopta acquisition, Fortinet will deliver the security industry’s most comprehensive Security-driven Networking platform by adding new capabilities in network infrastructure monitoring, detection and incident response. Key features include:
- Unified Monitoring and automated Incident Management that reduces response and resolution times for NOC teams and, in turn, helps exceed SLAs.
- Over 50 global points of presence to simulate application performance and latency that impact end user experience (also known as synthetic transaction monitoring).
- Cloud native monitoring for Kubernetes and PaaS workloads in AWS and Azure.
- Fully configurable alerting workflows with out-of-the-box integrations for third-party enterprise and modern communication tools.
- Watch the Panopta short overview video here
- See how Panopta works with this on-demand demo here
- For live demo requests or any other questions please email email@example.com
- Read the Press Release
- Acquisition blog
- Letter to existing customers and partners