Technical Training Courses
In this two-day class, you will learn how to use FortiAuthenticator for secure authentication.
In interactive labs, you will explore how to authenticate users, with FortiAuthenticator acting as a RADIUS, LDAP, or 802.1X EAP server, a certificate authority (CA), and logon event collector that uses — and extends — the Fortinet Single Sign-On (FSSO) framework to transparently authenticate users. You will explore captive portal guest management, FortiTokens, and digital certificates.
- Instructor-led classroom
- Instructor-led online*
- Self-paced online
* Private class only. Please contact your Fortinet Sales Representative.
- Introduction to FortiAuthenticator
- Deploying and Configuring FortiAuthenticator
- Administering and Authenticating Users
- Captive Portal
- Two-factor Authentication
- Certificate Management
- Fortinet Single Sign-On
- 802.1X Authentication
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Deploy and configure FortiAuthenticator
- Configure the LDAP and RADIUS service
- Configure the self-service portal
- Configure Captive Portal guest management (social Wi-Fi)
- Configure FortiAuthenticator and FortiGate for two-factor authentication
- Provision USB SmartCard FortiToken 200 hardware and FortiToken mobile software tokens
- Manage digital certificates (root CA, sub-CA, user, and local services digital certificates)
- Configure FortiAuthenticator as SCEP server for CRLs and CSRs
- Configure FortiAuthenticator as a logon event collector using the FSSO communication framework
- Configure FortiAuthenticator for wired/wireless 802.1x authentication, MAC-based authentication, and machine-based authentication using supported EAP methods
- Troubleshoot authentication failures
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a FortiAuthenticator appliance.
- FortiGate II
- Understanding of authentication, authorization, and accounting
If you take the online version of this class, you must have a computer with:
- High-speed Internet connection
- Up-to-date web browser
- PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
- HTML 5 support or
- Up-to-date Java runtime environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
Wired Ethernet connection (not Wi-Fi) recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs.
This prepares you for the FortiAuthenticator 4.0 Specialist Exam. This course is part of preparation for the NSE 6 certification exam.
How to Enroll