As organizations adopt multi-cloud strategies and remote workforce policies, networks have grown more distributed and workers more dependent on cloud applications and environments to do their work. This expanding network also increases the attack surface. Most security solutions, however, have not kept pace with cloud-based networking innovations. This inherently exposes organizations to more points of compromise and degrades the user experience of remote workers dependent on conventional VPN-only solutions to gain network access.
For organizations struggling to adapt and secure a hybrid workforce comprised of a growing remote workforce, SASE offers a more scalable, centralized way of securing them. Since SASE is a cloud-delivered solution, it also allows organizations to shift away from purchasing numerous point-products to secure different parts of their networks and adopt a more operational cost service model as well.
In theory, SASE provides secure access to the cloud for users anywhere. With this said, not all SASE solutions are equal in scalability, orchestration, and security.
As a cloud-delivered multi-tenant solution with the common Fortinet operating system (FOS), ForitSASE allows security and infrastructure leaders a way to centrally provision, visualize, and manage all users within their networks on a per-device basis.
Additionally, FortiSASE is seamlessly orchestrated with the extensive Fortinet Security Fabric of over 30 solutions and an open ecosystem of over 300 partners. Organizations can take advantage of full access to the innovation, threat intelligence, and advanced, actionable services provided by FortiGuard Labs.
With FortiSASE, the following capabilities and tools are extended to the cloud:
- Firewall-as-a-Service (FWaaS): Leveraging the independently certified and acclaimed capabilities of Fortinet FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall combines high-performance SSL inspection and advanced threat detection techniques delivered via the cloud with FortiSASE. Establish and maintain secure connections for distributed users and analyze in-bound and out-bound traffic without impact on user experience.
- Domain Name System (DNS): With FortiSASE, automatically prevent malicious domains identified in real-time from threatening your core network.
- Intrusion Prevention (IPS): With FortiSASE you have access to the Fortinet Intrusion Prevention System, which monitors the network, looking for malicious activities attempting to exploit known vulnerabilities.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP): FortiSASE provides DLP functionality to prevent end users from moving key information outside the network, making sure that both your network and data, are secure.
- Secure Web Gateway (SWG): FortiSASE supports agentless traffic redirection for Secure Web Gateway usecase with explicit proxy enabling secure web access against both internal and external risks.
- ZTNA and VPN: With FortiSASE, you add enterprise-grade security on top of VPN and extend zero-trust network access to remote users. This allows FortiSASE to inherently integrate with pre-existing VPN solutions and extend zero-trust application access to remote off-network users.
- Sandboxing: Whether sandboxing is executed in the cloud or on an appliance, it provides crucial protection. FortiSASE delivers sandboxing via the cloud, ensuring that your organization stays ahead of bad actors wishing to access or compromise your system.
All of these capabilities combined make Fortinet the only networking and security vendor that can provide security at every network edge.