Communiqués de presse
Fortinet to Provide Strategic Cyber Insight to Global Leaders
Phil Quade, CISO at Fortinet
“I look forward to collaborating with global leaders to deliver a response to the growing global cybersecurity threat. It is naive to think that any one country or organization can take on the attempts by our nation-state adversaries to penetrate government systems, or detect and respond to sophisticated cyberattacks. Strategic collaboration between public and private organizations and across borders is critical as the physical and cyber worlds become more interconnected into our daily lives. Addressing the fundamental elements of cybersecurity are crucial for keeping our nations safe, but also for protecting human life.”
Pedro Paixao, Head of Latin America at Fortinet
“Leaders in Latin America and the Caribbean are increasingly aware that measures in place are not enough to address the new cybersecurity challenges posed by the rapid adoption of digital technologies. The attack surface has expanded and is more complex than ever. The sophistication of cyberattacks is on the rise. The convergence of the cyber and physical worlds poses a real threat, which can result in adversaries gaining access and control of key government, military, and critical infrastructure systems and data. Public-private partnerships and collaboration are key to overcoming these threats in the region. We look forward to meeting with delegates and being in discussions on facing these threats together.”
Fortinet®, a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced Fortinet will play an important educational role at the upcoming Cyber Defense Conference: Western Hemisphere, hosted by the Inter-American Defense Foundation (IADF), Inter-American Defense Board (IADB), and the Colombian Military Forces May 14 and 15 in Bogota, Colombia.
- Iván Duque Márquez, President of Colombia, will inaugurate Latin America’s first Cyber Defense Conference, which will include participation from government and military leaders representing 21 countries from the Western Hemisphere and the organizations’ global partners.
- The conference will provide a forum to discuss macro-level cyber strategies within the Ministries/Departments of Defense in the region, as well as the technical and operational issues that accompany the implementation of cyber strategies.
- The conference content and discussions will assist in building and strengthening strategic multi-lateral and bi-lateral partnerships and collaboration that promote best practices and result in improved sharing of cyberthreat information.
- Ultimately, the end goal of this activity and the related discussions is to continue to improve collective and national security in the Americas.
Keynote: Cybersecurity Strategies: From Concept to Implementation
Phil Quade, Fortinet CISO, will offer his expertise at the Cyber Defense Conference: Western Hemisphere, delivering a keynote titled “Cybersecurity Strategies: From Concept to Implementation” to conference participants from 26 countries and seven entities (NATO, UN, etc.), and includes attendees such as Sergio de la Peña, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Western Hemisphere Affairs, and B. Edwin “Ed” Wilson, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Cyber Policy, Office of the Secretary of Defense. Prior to Fortinet, Phil brings more than three decades of cybersecurity and networking experience working across foreign, government, and commercial industry sectors at the National Security Agency (NSA) and U.S. Senate.
Fortinet Offers Strategic Insights and Best Practices
- As a part of his discussions with attendees, Phil will share insights on the growing cyber skills gap, the ever-evolving global threat landscape, and expanding attack surface. He will also offer strategic counsel on how to turn national strategy into meaningful implementation, by future proofing a security architecture, addressing cyber and physical convergence, and implementing important cybersecurity fundamentals such as segmentation for layers of defense.
- Pedro Paixao, Head of Latin America at Fortinet, will participate in a panel focused on “The Role of Industry” as part of the conference agenda.
- Fortinet executives look forward to the dialogue and collaboration with delegates. By collaborating with the IADF and IADB in a thought leadership and visionary role, Fortinet is uniquely positioned to assist the countries of the Americas with development and implementation of cybersecurity frameworks, strategies and best practices.
- Find out how Fortinet is collaborating on a global stage with organizations such as the World Economic Forum (WEF), INTERPOL, and Cyber Threat Alliance (CTA).
- Read more about how Fortinet is working to address the cyberskills gap.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s education and training initiatives and efforts to close the cybersecurity skills gap in this blog post and video.
- Read more about our Network Security Expert program and Network Security Academy program.
- Read more about the Fortinet Security Fabric or the Third Generation of Cybersecurity.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security features without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 385,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2019 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiADC, FortiAP, FortiAppMonitor, FortiASIC, FortiAuthenticator, FortiBridge, FortiCache, FortiCamera, FortiCASB, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFone, FortiCarrier, FortiHypervisor, FortiIsolator, FortiMail, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiPlanner, FortiPortal, FortiPresence , FortiProxy, FortiRecorder, FortiSandbox, FortiSIEM, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiVoice, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLCOS and FortiWLM.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.