Communiqués de presse
Fortinet to Contribute at Upcoming World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
Ken Xie, Founder, Chairman of the Board, and CEO, Fortinet
"The future growth potential of businesses depend on the wellbeing of the global environmental and social landscapes in which they operate. It’s important for cybersecurity leaders to collaborate with other top leaders from government, business, civil society and academia in the hope of tapping into the collective ideas and influence to mobilize the capabilities of a global network to make cyberspace more trustworthy and secure.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced that John Maddison, EVP, Products and CMO at Fortinet and Sandra Wheatley Smerdon, SVP, Threat Intelligence, Marketing and Influencer Communications at Fortinet will both share expertise and insights in a workshop and hub session respectively at the upcoming World Economic Forum (WEF) Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity in Geneva, Switzerland, November 12-13.
Overview of Fortinet at WEF Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
The Fortinet delegation in Switzerland will participate and contribute as part of The Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity, which will bring together the world’s foremost cybersecurity leaders and experts from global business, government, international organizations, civil society and academia on a neutral and impartial platform to make cyberspace more trustworthy and secure.
- Title: What If Everyone Were a Cyber Professional?
- Discussion Leader: Sandra Wheatley Smerdon, Senior Vice President, Threat Intelligence, Marketing and Influencer Communications
- When: Tuesday, November 12
- Where: Forum Headquarters, Atrium
- Overview: What if offering promising career paths along with cutting-edge education and industry certification could help end the global cyber skills gap? Explore how you can benefit and contribute by working with the partners of the Platform for Shaping the Future of Cybersecurity and Digital Trust to deliver positive impact through a global cybersecurity learning hub.
- Title: Securing Next-Generation Networks
- Panelist: John Maddison, Executive Vice President of Products and Chief Marketing Officer at Fortinet
- When: Wednesday, November 13
- Where: Forum Headquarters, Learning Centre
- Overview: 5G-driven goods and services are forecasted to enable $12.3 trillion of global economic output by 2035, generating up to 22 million jobs. With the cyberattack surface slated to grow in tandem with these developments, this session will explore and discuss how to ensure the readiness to protect the next generation of networks – to contain the inherent risks and to safeguard trust.
More about the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
Cybersecurity is becoming crucial to future socio-economic stability and prosperity. Industries are transitioning towards increasingly data- and technology-driven business models and governments are grappling with the implications of the Fourth Industrial Revolution on their economies, societies and security priorities. In this context, safeguarding against the misuse and criminal abuse of future networks and technologies requires a concerted effort and a security-by-design approach.
As the international organization for public-private cooperation, the World Economic Forum leads a global effort to drive systemic change on the most pressing cybersecurity issues, including the fragmentation of norms and behaviors currently threatening global models of cooperation, such as cyber threats. The gathering will feature interactive discussions, workshops and hubs to foster debate, enable insight-sharing and spur action.
- Learn more about the World Economic Centre for Cybersecurity.
- Learn more about the Cybersecurity Learning Hub here and here, and access it here.
- For more information about our participation the background of Fortinet’s involvement with the World Economic Forum and Centre for Cybersecurity, read here, here, here, and here on our blog and news room.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s Network Security Expert program, Network Security Academy program, and FortiVets program.
- Find out how Fortinet’s Security Fabric delivers broad, integrated, and automated protection across an organization’s entire digital attack surface from IoT to the edge, network core and to multi-clouds.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security features without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 415,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2019 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiADC, FortiAP, FortiAppMonitor, FortiASIC, FortiAuthenticator, FortiBridge, FortiCache, FortiCamera, FortiCASB, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFone, FortiCarrier, FortiHypervisor, FortiIsolator, FortiMail, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiPlanner, FortiPortal, FortiPresence , FortiProxy, FortiRecorder, FortiSandbox, FortiSIEM, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiVoice, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLCOS and FortiWLM.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.