Communiqués de presse
Fortinet Receives Second Consecutive NSS Labs Recommended Rating in SD-WAN Group Test Report
FortiGate Secure SD-WAN Delivers High WAN Performance for Cloud Applications and Lowest Total Cost of Ownership per Mbps
John Maddison, EVP of products and solutions, Fortinet
“Fortinet has uniquely combined best-of-breed SD-WAN and security in one integrated solution for WAN Edge transformation. Similar to last year’s first-ever NSS Labs SD-WAN test report, this year’s report gives Fortinet a 'Recommended' rating in the SD-WAN group test, highlighting that it has the lowest cost of total ownership along with significantly quick zero-touch provisioning for efficient operations. With two consecutive “Recommended” ratings in this category, receiving another NSS Labs “Recommended” rating is a testament to Fortinet’s commitment to third-party testing and validation of our products and solutions.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced that for the second year in a row Fortinet received a “Recommended” rating in NSS Labs’ Software-Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) group test report. Fortinet’s FortiGate Secure SD-WAN was assessed by NSS Labs and was recognized for the following strengths:
- Lowest total cost of ownership (TCO): FortiGate Secure SD-WAN showcased significant operational savings with the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) per Mbps based on the deployment of 75 enterprise branches and varying real-life scenarios in each environment. FortiGate Secure SD-WAN achieved zero-touch provisioning of new branches under six minutes. Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN solution focuses on simplifying the WAN edge operations while providing scalable centralized management with best-of-breed SD-WAN capabilities and security in one offering.
- Reliable high quality of experience for unified communication: In the group test, FortiGate Secure SD-WAN delivered high Mean Opinion Scores (MOS) averaging 4.36 for VoIP and 4.15 for video and showcased strong user experience for business-critical voice and video applications. This testing was similar to real world conditions with the toughest WAN impairment scenarios, such as packet loss, high latency, packet delay and link failures.
- Resilient high availability for better user experience: NSS Labs also tested FortiGate Secure SD-WAN’s high availability for network and application stability, which is critical for enterprise networks. Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN solution achieved high MOS for VoIP and video, demonstrating resilient and uninterrupted user experience during WAN link failure.
- High WAN performance for cloud applications: FortiGate Secure SD-WAN, which is built on a purpose-built SD-WAN ASIC, demonstrated high VPN Overlay performance of 893 Mbps for superior user experience and lowest latency. This is especially beneficial as enterprises prefer to have direct Internet access for public cloud and SaaS applications as they undergo digital transformation. Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN Reduces Complexity and Simplifies WAN Edge Operations
Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN Solution Reduces Complexity and Simplifies WAN Edge Operations
FortiGate Secure SD-WAN enables WAN Edge transformation by consolidating critical capabilities such as SD-WAN, security, WAN optimization and advanced routing built in Fortinet’s purpose-built SD-WAN ASIC. This year’s NSS Labs SD-WAN Group Test recognized FortiGate Secure SD-WAN with the lowest TCO and noted its ability for zero-touch provisioning in minutes. This capability addresses the current issue that enterprise branches face of having many point products that typically take months to deploy in new sites and a long time to troubleshoot any network issues. FortiGate Secure SD-WAN combats this with its zero-touch provisioning capabilities, making it easier for organizations to securely operate their WAN edge.
Rapid Adoption of Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN with Global Customer Deployment Momentum
As Fortinet continues to innovate it’s Secure SD-WAN solution, including its recent release of the industry’s first SD-WAN ASIC, growth in customer adoption is also accelerating. Organizations are increasingly seeing the advantages of FortiGate Secure SD-WAN as it combines best-of-breed SD-WAN capabilities and security into one integrated offering. Organizations are increasingly seeing the advantages of FortiGate Secure SD-WAN as it combines best-of-breed SD-WAN capabilities and security into one integrated offering. Fortinet has the most reviews of all vendors in the Gartner Peer Insights WAN Edge Infrastructure Market as of June 12, 2019. Customer validation coupled with third-party testing such as NSS Lab’s “Recommended” rating sets Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN solution apart in the industry.
FortiGate Secure SD-WAN Works With One of the Industry’s Most Recommended NGFW
Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN solution comes built-in with Fortinet’s FortiGate next-generation firewall, which has received five consecutive NSS Labs NGFW “Recommendation” ratings. Fortinet’s next-generation firewall includes capabilities such as IPS, anti-malware, URL filtering and sandboxing for advanced threat protection and detection. In the most recent NSS Labs NGFW group test, FortiGate delivered 99.3 percent security effectiveness and 100 percent evasions blocking. FortiGate was also able to provide high SSL Inspection, without impacting the performance. Additionally, Fortinet solutions have consistently demonstrated high security effectiveness, advanced features and superior performance when put to the test. Fortinet solutions have earned NSS Labs Recommended ratings across nine different group tests, including :
- Software-Defined Wide Area Networking
- Next-Generation Firewall
- Data Center Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Data Center Security Gateway
- Breach Prevention Systems
- Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System
- Breach Detection Systems
- Web Application Firewall
- Advanced Endpoint Protection
All of Fortinet’s NSS Labs-recommended solutions interoperate as part of a comprehensive security architecture through the Fortinet Security Fabric, producing an integrated end-to-end security solution across the entire attack surface.
“Once again, we see Fortinet continuing to perform well in NSS Labs group testing. FortiGate Secure SD-WAN delivered the lowest total cost of ownership in this year’s SD-WAN Group Test and again receives a recommended rating. Fortinet’s FortiGate Secure SD-WAN is a strong offering for organizations looking to integrate security and SD-WAN capabilities in a single console.”
- Jason Brvenik, chief executive officer of NSS Labs
- Read our blog for more information about Fortinet’s NSS Labs SD-WAN Recommended rating.
- Find out how Fortinet’s Security Fabric delivers broad, integrated, and automated protection across an organization’s entire digital attack surface from IoT to the Edge, Network Core and to Multi-Clouds.
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs and the FortiGuard Security Services portfolio.
- Learn more about the FortiGuard Security Rating Service, which provides security audits and best practices.
- Learn more about Fortinet or read more about Fortinet’s Network Security Expert program, Network Security Academy program, and FortiVets program.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security features without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 400,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2019 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiADC, FortiAP, FortiAppMonitor, FortiASIC, FortiAuthenticator, FortiBridge, FortiCache, FortiCamera, FortiCASB, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFone, FortiCarrier, FortiHypervisor, FortiIsolator, FortiMail, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiPlanner, FortiPortal, FortiPresence , FortiProxy, FortiRecorder, FortiSandbox, FortiSIEM, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiVoice, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLCOS and FortiWLM.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.