Communiqués de presse
Fortinet Now Part of IBM Security’s New X-Force Threat Management Services
John Maddison, senior vice president of Products and Solutions at Fortinet “Fortinet and IBM have a long-standing relationship, and today’s announcement marks another significant milestone towards protecting our mutual customers. The Fortinet Security Fabric provides broad visibility across the digital attack surface, integrated detection of advanced threats, and automated response required to secure today’s digital businesses. And because many IBM X-Force Threat Management ecosystem members are already Fabric-Ready Partners, our Security Fabric is a perfect complement to IBM’s new threat management services.”
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, automated, and integrated cybersecurity solutions, today announced that it has collaborated with IBM on the new IBM X-Force Threat Management Services. Working with IBM Security on X-Force Threat Management Services enables both organizations to further provide mutual customers with unprecedented threat insight, attack detection and prevention, and an integrated defense-in-depth strategy designed to seamlessly span across an organization’s entire attack surface.
- IBM X-Force Threat Management Services was developed around the key tenets of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework creating an integrated and programmatic approach across the entire threat management lifecycle.
- IBM Security has been a Fortinet Fabric-Ready partner since 2017. This latest partnership combines Fortinet’s comprehensive security protections with IBM’s world-class security expertise to provide enhanced value to customers through the delivery of advanced protection and support against today’s sophisticated cyberthreats, across on-premise and multi-cloud environments.
- Leveraging the Fortinet Security Fabric provides mutual customers with the broad visibility, integrated threat intelligence, and automated response required for today’s digital businesses. In addition, the Security Fabric’s integrated threat intelligence services assist businesses with determining where to best prioritize resources based on threats seen across the entirety of an organization.
- Because many of the IBM X-Force Threat Management Services partners are also members of Fortinet’s Fabric-Ready technology ecosystem, customers are able to deploy a fully integrated solution that delivers unmatched expertise, real-time intelligence, and powerful security tools and services.
Enabling Security Transformation for Digital Business Today
The demands of the digital economy affect every aspect of business. Organizations retooling their networks to compete in this evolving marketplace must undergo a simultaneous security transformation that can protect them from the cybersecurity threats emerging daily designed to target the expanding attack surface.
Any effective security transformation strategy requires collaborative system integration between traditionally isolated security tools. This includes the automated sharing of real-time threat intelligence, the centralized orchestration of security policies, consistent and coordinated policy enforcement, and intelligent data and device segmentation across physical and virtual environments for deep visibility into the traffic moving laterally across the network, including across multi-cloud environments.
Such an integrated strategy allows organizations to dynamically correlate threat information and automatically coordinate a real-time response to threats found anywhere along the extended attack surface. Combined with IBM’s vulnerability assessments, security information and event management (SIEM) platform management, behavioural analytics, and hands-on IBM X-Force incident and response services, Fortinet and IBM customers can now quickly develop and deploy a holistic security strategy designed around technologies and services in order to seamlessly span and protect even the most complex ecosystem of digital networks.
- Read our blog for more information about this announcement.
- Read our blog for more information about our latest Quarterly Threat Landscape Report or to access the full report.
- Sign up for our weekly FortiGuard intel briefs or for our FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Service.
- Read more about the Fortinet Security Fabric or the Third Generation of Network Security. Watch this video about the Fortinet Security Fabric.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security features without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 340,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2018 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiASIC, FortiMail, FortiClient, FortiSIEM, FortiSandbox, FortiWiFi, FortiAP, FortiSwitch, FortiWeb, FortiADC, FortiWAN, and FortiCloud. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.