Communiqués de presse
Fortinet FortiGate Virtual Machine (VM) Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
John Maddison, senior vice president of products and solutions at Fortinet
“As enterprises adopt hybrid cloud architectures and integrate on-premise infrastructure with the elasticity of public cloud resources, maintaining consistent security policies, visibility and control is critical. Oracle and Fortinet are committed to delivering advanced security capabilities for on-premise and IaaS architectures, and today we are further expanding our collaboration to ensure that our customers benefit from comprehensive, automated security capabilities across on-premise and Oracle Cloud infrastructure.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in high-performance cybersecurity solutions, and a Gold level member of the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), today announced that its FortiGate Virtual Machine (VM) is now available on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace.
- The FortiGate VM Next-Generation Firewall is available with BYOL to Oracle Cloud customers, enabling enterprises to securely move their workloads and applications to the public cloud with site-to-site connectivity, cross-cloud segmentation, and consistent security policies.
- The Oracle Cloud Marketplace is a one-stop shop for Oracle customers seeking trusted business applications and service providers offering unique business solutions, including ones that extend Oracle Cloud Applications. Oracle Cloud is a complete public cloud, delivering enterprise-grade services at every level of the cloud technology stack including software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and data as a service (DaaS).
- Fortinet is a Signature Sponsor at Oracle OpenWorld 2017 in the State of the Art Cloud Platform Partner Showcase and will be demonstrating its latest virtualized Fortinet Security Fabric solutions.
- Fortinet will demonstrate how the FortiGate VM helps Oracle customers achieve the utility and elasticity of the public cloud with the granular control, security features and visibility of on-premises infrastructure.
Fortinet Delivers Consistent Security Policy and Visibility for Oracle Cloud Customers
A recent survey by ESG Research, showed that 69 percent of cybersecurity professionals indicated that their organization is still learning how to apply its security policies to public and private cloud infrastructure, while 62 percent say it is difficult to get the same level of visibility into cloud-based workloads as they have on their physical networks. Protecting these highly dynamic environments requires a Security Fabric with tightly integrated security features and network technologies that share intelligence, and collaborate to detect, isolate, and respond to threats in real time.
Fortinet and Oracle are expanding their relationship to deliver virtualized security solutions across Oracle public and hybrid cloud environments to deliver the on-demand and multiple layers of security features required for these dynamic cloud networks. Available now as BYOL in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace, FortiGate VMs provide Oracle Cloud customers with a combination of advanced threat intelligence from FortiGuard Labs with the industry leading security operating system, FortiOS, delivering complete security feature control, workload visibility and management across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
The Oracle Cloud Marketplace offers an intuitive user interface to browse and search for available applications and services, as well as user ratings and reviews to help customers determine the best business solutions for their organization. With its new automated application installation features, customers can easily deploy provider business applications from a centralized cloud interface.
Additionally, Fortinet is an early adopter of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, featuring its FortiGate VM. This integration will allow users to securely move business-critical workloads from on-premise, private to public cloud deployments without jeopardizing policy visibility. As Oracle Cloud scales through multiple Availability Domains (ADs) and delivers ultra-low latency with high bandwidth, FortiGate will complement the cloud services with highly available and multi-layered security features for mission critical workloads across regions.
Fortinet Activities at Oracle OpenWorld 2017
Fortinet is Signature Sponsor at Oracle OpenWorld 2017 in San Francisco, Calif. in the State of the Art Cloud Platform Partner Showcase.
- Technology Demonstrations: The Fortinet Security Fabric cloud solutions enable organizations to securely and elastically scale protection to their private, public and hybrid cloud infrastructure, as well as segment within the cloud, between endpoints, and enterprise networks.
- Theater Presentations: Fortinet executives will conduct theater presentations throughout the conference on the Fortinet Security Fabric, joint solutions with Oracle Cloud environments, and IoT security.
- Executive Briefings: Fortinet executives will be available for press interviews during the conference. Please contact Darlene Gannon (email@example.com) with any requests.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) is Oracle's partner program that provides partners with a differentiated advantage to develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle's products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to be recognized and rewarded for their investment in Oracle Cloud. Partners engaging with Oracle will be able to differentiate their Oracle Cloud expertise and success with customers through the OPN Cloud program - an innovative program that complements existing OPN program levels with tiers of recognition and progressive benefits for partners working with Oracle Cloud. To find out more visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud, or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 320,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2017 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and unregistered trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiManager, FortiMail, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiCare, FortiAnalyzer, FortiReporter, FortiOS, FortiASIC, FortiWiFi, FortiSwitch, FortiVoIP, FortiBIOS, FortiLog, FortiResponse, FortiCarrier, FortiScan, FortiAP, FortiDB, FortiVoice and FortiWeb. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.