Network Security Expert Program
NSE 6 – Network Security Specialist
The NSE 6 Network Security Specialist designation recognizes a candidate’s comprehensive skills with the Secure Fabric products beyond the firewall. This designation is recognized after the candidate achieves at least four Fortinet Specialist certifications on Fortinet enhanced products.
NSE 6 Certification requires passing a minimum of any four Fortinet specialist exams from the list below:
- FortiADC 5.2 Specialist
- FortiAuthenticator 5.4 Specialist
- FortiDDoS 4.5.0 Specialist
- FortiMail 6.0 Specialist
- FortiWeb 5.6 Specialist
- Integrated and Cloud Wireless
- FortiWLC Specialist – 8.2
Fortinet specialist exams are hosted at Pearson VUE testing centers worldwide.
The corresponding courses to each of these technologies are highly recommended, but not required, to take the exams.
Who Should Attempt NSE 6?
Network and security professionals involved in managing and supporting specific Fortinet security products.
- The candidate is NSE 6 certified if they pass at least four different NSE 6 specialist exams
- The NSE 6 certification is valid for two years
- Candidates can renew their NSE 6 certification by taking the current NSE 6 exams at a Pearson Vue Testing Center
- Obtaining NSE 7 certification automatically renews a candidate’s NSE 6 certification (NSE 6 level not the areas of specializations), if their NSE 6 certification has not expired.
- Obtaining NSE 8 certification automatically renews a candidate’s NSE 6 certification for the specializations they earned originally, even if their NSE 6 certification has expired.
About the NSE 6 Exams
- Specialist designation is earned by successfully passing one of the product-specific exams
- Language: English (some exams are also offered in Japanese)
- Available at: Pearson VUE testing centers worldwide
- Number of questions: 15 (the newer exams have 30 questions)
- Time allowed to complete: 30 minutes total test time for 15-question exams and 60 minutes for 30-question exams
- Scoring method: Answers must be 100% correct for credit; no partial credit is given. There are no deductions for incorrect answers.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice, multiple select
- Time required between attempts: 15 days
- Transcript and Certificate: After passing the exam, the candidates Fortinet NSE Institute transcript is updated within five business days, and they will be able to download a printable certificate from the NSE Institute
- NSE 6 designation is earned by passing four or more separate specialist exams
How to Enroll in NSE 6 Certification Training
To enroll in NSE 6 courses, candidates must have an account on the NSE Institute. If the candidate is a partner, they must enter through the partner portal. Everyone else can enter through the NSE Institute website.
Partners, customers, and employees must access the NSE Institute via the portals above to receive credit towards your standing with Fortinet. Candidates must use their company email address to register.
The Training Course Schedule lets candidates browse for upcoming scheduled courses in their local area.