Network Security Expert Program
NSE 3 — Fortinet Core Products
NSE 3 Description
NSE 3 is the products level of the Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE) program. It is intended to provide a basic understanding of Fortinet products within the context of Fortinet solutions.
There are multiple modules that comprise NSE 3. Each module is composed of:
- Pre-recorded voice/video instruction material
- A module assessment
NSE 3 Program Requirements
- Complete any four (4) NSE 3 training modules
- Pass the corresponding tests. Each test is typically ten (10) questions in length
Who Should Attempt the NSE 3?
Fortinet partners and employees who want to learn about Fortinet products. It is also the third step required to complete the Fortinet Solutions and Sales program. Fortinet sales and pre-sales associates and Fortinet partners are required to complete this step to progress to the next level of the program.
The current NSE 3 modules are:
- FortiGate Firewall Chassis Products
- FortiGate Firewall Entry-Level Products
- FortiGate Firewall High-End Products
- FortiGate Firewall Mid-Range Products
- FortiSIEM – Security Information and Event Management
- FortiWeb Web Application Firewall
- Introduction to the Price List and Bill of Materials
- Public Cloud
- Wireless Infrastructure Products
- Wireless Integrated Products
Level Completion and Designation
You must complete at least four (4) modules and pass the corresponding tests to complete NSE 3. The NSE 3 completion certificate is valid for two (2) years.
NSE 3 is required to earn the NSE 3 Network Security Associate designation. The designation is valid for two (2) years.
You can renew your NSE 3 completion certificate by passing another four (4) NSE 3 modules.
How to Enroll in NSE 3 Certification Training
To enroll in NSE 3 you must have an account on the NSE Institute. If you are a partner, you must enter through the partner portal. All other persons log in through the training portal. You may also create your credentials to the NSE Institute on this page.
You must access the NSE Institute via the portals above to receive credit towards your designations.
Once you’ve logged in, go to the catalog for NSE 3. Enrollment is free and you can progress at your own speed. Once you have completed the required modules, you can print your completion certificate and review your transcripts in the NSE Institute.