Fortinet Use Cases for FortiCWP:
Continuous configuration assessments and risk analysis presents actionable information enabling security teams to focus on the highest priority issues, take quick remediation actions, and automatically fix known configuration errors to manage and mitigate risk. Protect public clouds including: Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, Amazon EKS, IBM Identity and Access Manager roles, and more.
- Reduce risk with central visibility and control in distributed/multi-cloud environments.
- Prioritize vulnerabilities based on individual risk score.
FortiCWP analyzes configurations, files, and documents in cloud storage services to identify and monitor insecure configurations, sensitive data, and malware. By drilling down to document profiles from generated alerts, customers can monitor and analyze sensitive data activity to investigate data leakage in their environment.
- Identify sensitive data, assess data leakage, and discover misconfigurations across the cloud environment.
- Assess risk by drilling down to document profiles from alerts to investigate data leakage and misconfigurations.
Traffic Analysis and Investigation
Obtain comprehensive visibility into all network resource topologies. FortiCWP also identifies and monitors network traffic for attacks, with drill-down capabilities on resource profiles. It provides contextual understanding of the cloud environment, helping eliminate blind spots, reduce incident response time, and analyze incident impact to improve security posture.
Gain complete visibility and visualize Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) environments to:
- Quickly implement effective control and security policies.
- Protect resources against inside or outside threats in major public cloud infrastructures.
Threat Detection and Response
Continuously monitor/track all security activity, including configurations, user activity, traffic flow logs, and data storage in public cloud environments. Predefined policies detect any potential risk such as: malicious traffic, suspicious user activity, vulnerability configuration, and sensitive data leaks and malware.
- Detect complex threats and user activity in public cloud environments.
- Identify suspicious host/IP and provide details on violated policies.
- Rapid response to identified threats based on contextual alerts.
For organizations operating in a highly regulated industry, FortiCWP provides out-of-the-box policies for standards and mandates, and allows organizations to quickly generate compliance reports for auditing teams so they can identify policy violations and take necessary remedial actions.
- Enhanced visibility and control maintains historical snapshots of public cloud environments.
- Continuous monitoring of security and compliance assessment policies.
- Comprehensive reporting to stay compliant and reduce risk.