Fortinet Acquires OPAQ
True Zero Trust Security-as-a-Service
We are in an era of hyperconnectivity and ever-expanding network edge caused by an exponential growth in users, devices, applications, services, and data outside of a traditional enterprise edge. Remote workforce trends only tend to exacerbate security risks due to the need for anywhere-anytime access to any application regardless of user and device location.
Fortinet has long been a leader in pioneering a Secure Networking strategy. As a result of today’s announcement, Fortinet’s broad Security Fabric combined with OPAQ’s patented zero trust cloud architecture will offer customers and partners more choices in how they can consume Fortinet’s best-of-breed networking and security solutions. Often cloud security providers are missing a strong security backbone or a scalable, high performant cloud architecture or, in some cases, both. Fortinet will be the only vendor to deliver True Zero Trust cloud security with the most complete, partner-friendly Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) platform in the market, delivering enterprise-grade security that is continuously innovated.
The two technologies integrate to form the best-in-class SASE solution with the industry’s only True Zero Trust Access and Security by providing industry-leading Next-generation Firewall (NGFW) and SD-WAN capabilities, web security, sandboxing, advanced endpoint, identity / multi factor authentication, multi-cloud workload protection, cloud application security broker (CASB), browser isolation, and web application firewalling capabilities.
OPAQ’s platform is purpose built to be partner friendly, empowering MSSPs, carriers and high value-add partners to easily integrate the SASE multi-tenant platform into their own offering and add value, to customers, with their Network Operations Center and Security Operations Center expertise and advanced professional services.
With the OPAQ acquisition, unlike other cloud security providers, Fortinet will deliver:
- The best of scalability, performance, and security compared to any cloud security vendor.
- A broad and integrated suite of cloud security solutions providing true Zero Trust security, unlike other Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) providers who leave many unprotected gaps in the attack surface.
- One-of-a-kind ZTNA solution with continuous security innovation at scale, leveraging Fortinet’s top-notch R&D talent to deliver security substance “under the hood”.
- Security and networking fully integrated, including Fortinet’s industry-leading SD-WAN, furthering the company’s Security-driven Networking approach.
- The most partner-friendly ZTNA offering in the market that remains true to Fortinet’s ongoing commitment to its valued partners.
To learn more, contact ZeroTrustSASE@fortinet.com or
Information for Customers and Partners
Support, Services, and Sales
OPAQ Customers and Partners: Please continue to use your existing contacts for support, professional services, and sales.
Support Website: https://portal.opaqnetworks.com
Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Phone Number: +1 (703) 574-2555, x1