Fortinet Acquires CyberSponse
Empowers Security Operations teams to achieve higher efficiencies and accelerate incident responseWatch the CyOPs Product Overview
On December 12th, 2019, Fortinet announced the acquisition of CyberSponse, Inc., a leading provider of Security Orchestration, Automation & Response (SOAR).
Gartner in their 2019 Market Guide for Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) notes, SOAR tools significantly enhance security operations activities like threat detection and response by providing machine-powered assistance to human analysts to improve the efficiency and consistency of people and processes. Gartner also states, by year-end 2022 30% of organizations with security teams larger than five people will leverage SOAR tools in their security operations, up from 5% in 2019.
We also know that the broad attack surface, accelerating threat landscape and proliferation of security products makes it difficult for the CISO & SOC teams to keep up with the required investigation of and response to security-related alerts; especially given the shortage of cyber security skills in the industry. Together, our newly combined offering with CyberSponse, a part of the Fortinet Security Fabric ecosystem, will further extend the automation capabilities offered by Fortinet’s FortiAnalyzer, FortiSIEM and FortiGate solutions and simplify security operations.
This combination of Fortinet and CyberSponse will provide organizations with a powerful solution that:
- Enterprise-grade scalable architecture with the distributed multi-tenancy that augments streamlined SOC operations and enables MSSPs to deliver security services with ease.
- Over 275 connectors to easily integrate with all major security vendors and technologies and offers a single, centralized point of visibility and control.
- More than 200 out-of-the-box easy-to-configure playbooks to automate incident response action sequence and routine tasks.
- The most advanced case management modules with incident timeline and asset correlation views, plus an automated ROI or savings measurement tool.
- Ensuring granular role-based access control to secure user-related data.
We are thrilled to welcome CyberSponse team to join Fortinet and bring significant SOAR knowledge and customer insight to Fortinet.
- Read the Press Release
- Acquisition blog
- Our CEO's Letter to Customers and Partners
- Overview and FAQ
- CyberSponse Website
- CyberSponse Support
- CyberSponse Request a Demo
Note: Existing customers and partners of CyberSponse, please continue to engage through your usual means with CyberSponse.