Fortinet Again Named a Visionary in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Enterprise Wired and Wireless LAN Infrastructure
John Maddison, EVP of Products and CMO at Fortinet
“By taking a Security-driven Networking approach, Fortinet’s LAN Edge solution delivers robust security features and simplified management with AI and machine learning to support customers’ digital innovation initiatives. We believe that being recognized as a Visionary in the Enterprise Wired and Wireless LAN Infrastructure Magic Quadrant for the second -year in a row is a testament to Fortinet’s ongoing commitment to innovate, break down technology silos, and deliver intelligent, integrated networking and security solutions.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced that Fortinet has again been named a Visionary in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Enterprise Wired and Wireless LAN Infrastructure for the second year in a row.
Fortinet believes that this recognition is in part due to its ability to offer customers an intelligent Local Area Network (LAN) Edge solution that delivers a robust set of features—including built-in Network Access Control (NAC)—and integrated, pervasive security with simplified management supported by artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning. By offering customers a LAN Edge solution that takes a Security-driven Networking approach, Fortinet enables organizations to tightly integrate their network infrastructure and security architecture to more easily deliver new digital innovation outcomes, allowing IT teams to focus on strategic initiatives rather than spending time managing common network issues.
Fortinet Delivers a Feature-Rich LAN Edge Solution
With Fortinet’s LAN Edge solution, customers can realize the following benefits:
- Robust Security with Reduced TCO: By bundling all of its key features into the FortiGate next-generation firewall without the need for additional licenses, Fortinet’s LAN Edge solution reduces overall TCO and eliminates overlays to improve security and network visibility. No additional license or cost is required to enable LAN Edge management, and even network access control (NAC) features can be enabled and leveraged without the need for additional costly licenses.
- Simplified Management: Fortinet’s LAN Edge solution simplifies management by utilizing a single management platform—the Fortinet Fabric Management Center—for LAN and network security.
- Improved Performance: Fortinet’s LAN Edge solution leverages AI to reduce LAN complexity by centralizing LAN management and security functions into the FortiGate appliance. With a single view of complex LAN networks, IT teams are able to ensure fewer disruptions and better performance overall.
- Seamless integration across the Fortinet Security Fabric: The ability to share information across all network edges allows the Fortinet Security Fabric, the industry’s highest performing cybersecurity mesh platform, to deliver a fully holistic view of the network, from LAN to WAN to the cloud, and allows our intelligent management and artificial intelligence to leverage a broader set of data to make better-informed decisions.
Fortinet remains committed to continued innovation in this mature market and believes that its LAN Edge solution stands apart as a result of its focus on features over licensing, security by design, and platform integration with built-in intelligence that addresses digital innovation requirements.
- Download the report and read our blog for more information about the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Enterprise Wired and Wireless LAN Infrastructure.
- Watch how Fortinet makes possible a digital world you can always trust, and view how the Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protection across an organization’s entire digital infrastructure.
- Read more about how Fortinet customers are securing their organizations.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s free cybersecurity training, an initiative of Fortinet’s Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), or about the Fortinet Network Security Expert program, Security Academy program, and Veterans program.
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs threat intelligence and research or Outbreak Alerts, which provide timely steps to mitigate breaking cybersecurity attacks. Read more about Fortinet’s FortiGuard security services portfolio.
- Engage in the Fortinet User Community (Fuse). Share ideas and feedback, learn more about our products and technology, and connect with peers.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to Fortinet on YouTube.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) makes possible a digital world that we can always trust through its mission to protect people, devices, and data everywhere. This is why the world’s largest enterprises, service providers, and government organizations choose Fortinet to securely accelerate their digital journey. The Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protections across the entire digital attack surface, securing critical devices, data, applications, and connections from the data center to the cloud to the home office. Ranking #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide, more than 550,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. And the Fortinet NSE Training Institute, an initiative of Fortinet’s Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), provides one of the largest and broadest training programs in the industry to make cyber training and new career opportunities available to everyone. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2021 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiADC, FortiAP, FortiAppMonitor, FortiASIC, FortiAuthenticator, FortiBridge, FortiCache, FortiCamera, FortiCASB, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFone, FortiCarrier, FortiHypervisor, FortiIsolator, FortiMail, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiPlanner, FortiPortal, FortiPresence , FortiProxy, FortiRecorder, FortiSandbox, FortiSIEM, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiVoice, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLCOS and FortiWLM.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.