Fortinet Hits the Accelerator as Official Partner of Formula E’s BMW i Motorsport
John Maddison, EVP of Products and CMO at Fortinet
“Fortinet’s involvement in Formula E is a natural fit as it strongly aligns with our focus on engineering and high performance. To accelerate the processing of security and networking functions, we design our own unique security processors. These purpose-built Fortinet SPUs radically increase the speed, scale and performance of our solutions, setting industry Security Compute Rating records. We’re excited to be part of Formula E and to join forces with BMW i Andretti Motorsport team.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, has joined BMW i Andretti Motorsport as the official partner for their Formula E team as part of Fortinet’s commitment to accelerate innovation, high performance and energy efficiency.
The ABB FIA Formula E Championship is the world’s first racing series for fully-electric single-seater cars. These electric cars deliver immense acceleration and performance while pushing the development of e-mobility forward. Like Formula E, Fortinet drives digital innovation through our breadth of offerings that make up the Fortinet Security Fabric. Fortinet’s products powered by Fortinet SPUs are engineered with the same emphasis on acceleration, high performance and energy efficiency. Given these synergies, Fortinet has partnered with the BMW i Andretti Motorsport team, marking the most significant engagement with a motorsports team in the company’s history.
Accelerating CPU Performance with Fortinet SPUs
Similar to the Formula E series, Fortinet continues to digitally innovate and set industry records for performance and speed. Fortinet SPUs outpace what is available in the market with the highest Security Compute Ratings for the following benchmarks:
- Stateful Firewall throughput
- IPsec VPN performance
- Concurrent sessions
- Sessions per second
The Fortinet Family of SPUs are specially designed security processors that provide unmatched performance at a fraction of the cost of traditional CPUs, providing accelerated network security, accelerated graphics rendering and accelerated AI in the cloud. Fortinet’s FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall appliances are powered by the following security processors:
- Content Processor 9 (CP9): The CP9 protects applications while optimizing user experience with the least performance degradation. The CP9 works as a CPU co-processor, taking on resource-intensive security functions such as SSL/TLS decryption – including TLS1.3 – IPS and antivirus.
- System-on-a-Chip 4 (SoC4): Fortinet’s SoC4 is a purpose-built security processor that has achieved the highest Security Compute Ratings in the industry to support customers’ WAN Edge transformation. SoC4 consolidates network and content processing functions on a single chip to deliver fast application identification, steering and overlay performance.
- Network Processor 6 (NP6): Fortinet’s NP6 works with FortiOS functions delivering superior firewall performance for IPV4, IPV6 and multicast traffic with ultra-low latency down to three microseconds.
About the ABB FIA Formula E Championship
BMW i Andretti Motorsports and Fortinet will be participating in the ABB FIA Formula E Championship. Races will take place at various locations around the globe, including Rome, Paris and Seoul. The most recent Formula E race was on January 18 in Santiago, Chile, with the season running through July 2020. Fans can stay up-to-date on the team’s drivers and schedules, along with the entire race season, here.
“There’s a clear alignment between Fortinet and BMW i Motorsport centered around our shared focus on digital innovation, accelerated technology and high performance. The cooperation between our brands creates promising marketing potential on and off the racetrack and we are proud to name Fortinet as our new partner.”
- Jens Thiemer, Senior Vice President Customer & Brand BMW
- Learn more about our partnership with Formula E’s BMW i Andretti Motorsport here.
- Read how Fortinet is engineering innovation through our SPUs in this blog.
- Find out how Fortinet’s Security Fabric delivers broad, integrated, and automated protection across an organization’s entire digital attack surface from IoT to the edge, network core and to multi-clouds.
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs and the FortiGuard Security Services portfolio.
- Learn more about the FortiGuard Security Rating Service, which provides security audits and best practices.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s Network Security Expert program, Network Security Academy program, and FortiVets program.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security features without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 425,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2020 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiADC, FortiAP, FortiAppMonitor, FortiASIC, FortiAuthenticator, FortiBridge, FortiCache, FortiCamera, FortiCASB, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFone, FortiCarrier, FortiHypervisor, FortiIsolator, FortiMail, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiPlanner, FortiPortal, FortiPresence , FortiProxy, FortiRecorder, FortiSandbox, FortiSIEM, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiVoice, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLCOS and FortiWLM.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.