Fortinet’s FortiClient Blocks 100 Percent Malware in NSS Labs 2019 Advanced Endpoint Test Report
FortiClient receives third-straight recommended rating in the NSS Labs AEP Group Test, offering powerful and cost-effective solution for safeguarding the growing number of endpoint devices.
John Maddison, executive vice president of products and solutions, Fortinet
“Endpoint devices and applications play an increasingly important role in business and networking strategies. Endpoint security solutions need to coordinate closely with the network and other security components, enabling them to share telemetry, correlate intelligence and quickly address increasingly sophisticated threats as part of an automated and coordinated response. Fortinet is pleased to have received our third-straight Recommended rating by NSS Labs for FortiClient along with the many we have received for our other Security Fabric components as we remain committed to third-party testing validations.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced its results from NSS Labs’ 2019 Advanced Endpoint Protection (AEP) Group Test. NSS Labs' AEP report provides the industry’s most comprehensive test results for security effectiveness and total cost of ownership for endpoint security solutions protecting today’s increasingly intelligent and hyperconnected endpoint devices.
In this year’s test, which included 19 endpoint security vendors, Fortinet’s FortiClient demonstrated a 100% block rate of exploits, unknown threats and HTTP malware, with zero false positives. It also demonstrated high effectiveness in detecting malicious malware across multiple vectors, including email, web, and USB (for offline threats), and was proven resistant to all evasion techniques. As a result, FortiClient has received NSS Labs' coveted 'Recommended' rating for the third straight year with low TCO.
- As a robust advanced endpoint protection solution, FortiClient effectively detects and blocks threats such as malware, exploits and malicious scripts. FortiClient also provides effective vulnerability scanning and flexible patching options to help users and organizations maintain security hygiene and reduce their attack surface.
- FortiClient also integrates with FortiSandbox and FortiGate to further identify and respond to unknown, advanced and targeted threats, creating a single, unified security strategy that can seamlessly extend out highly mobile endpoint devices to correlate threat intelligence, extend visibility, and block threats before they reach the enterprise network.
- Fortinet’s FortiClient Fabric Agent can also be deployed as an essential and integral component of the Fortinet Security Fabric, delivering endpoint visibility, network access control and automated threat response.
FortiClient AEP Test Report Highlights
- 100 percent block rate on exploits
- 100 percent block rate for web-borne malware
- 100 percent detection rate for evasions
- Zero false positives
Supporting NSS Labs Quote
“NSS Labs focuses on empowering enterprises to make informed decisions based on independent real-world testing results. We applaud Fortinet's years of consistent commitment to third-party testing. Fortinet's Recommended rating in our 2019 AEP Group Test makes them a strategic option for any business looking to strengthen their endpoint security strategy.” Vikram Phatak, CEO of NSS Labs
- Visit Fortinet’s FortiClient page to learn more about the advanced endpoint security solution.
- Download the NSS Advanced Endpoint Protection Test Report here.
- Read more about our Network Security Expert program, Network Security Academy program or our FortiVets program.
- Read more about the Fortinet Security Fabric or the Third Generation of Network Security.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security features without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 375,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2019 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiADC, FortiAP, FortiAppMonitor, FortiASIC, FortiAuthenticator, FortiBridge, FortiCache, FortiCamera, FortiCASB, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFone, FortiCarrier, FortiHypervisor, FortiIsolator, FortiMail, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiPlanner, FortiPortal, FortiPresence , FortiProxy, FortiRecorder, FortiSandbox, FortiSIEM, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiVoice, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLCOS and FortiWLM.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.