LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 2, 2018
Particularly Important Information
Who we are: For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation, the data controller of your personal data is Opaq Networks, Inc. of 2553 Dulles View Dr, Suite 100, Herndon, VA 20171.
Must Read Sections: We draw your attention in particular to the sections entitled “International Data Transfer” and “Your Rights.”
Changes to this Policy: We will post any modifications or changes to the Policy on our Services. We reserve the right to modify the Policy at any time, so we encourage you to review it frequently. The “Last Updated” legend above indicates when this Policy was last changed. If we make any material change(s) to the Policy, we will post a notice on our Site prior to such changes(s) taking effect. Continued use of our Site or Service, following notice of such changes (or posting of such changes) shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
1. PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
What is personal data?
We collect information about you in a range of forms, including personal data. As used in this Policy, “personal data” is as defined in the UK Data Protection Act 1998/the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC/General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and any successor legislation, this includes any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
Why do we need your personal data?
2. COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect information about you in the following ways:
Information You Give Us. This includes:
- the personal data you provide when you register to use our Services, including your name, title, postal address, email address, telephone number, username, password, website address, company/organization, users/user-group information contained in Active Directory integrations with our Applications, and demographic information (such as your gender);
- the personal data that may be contained in any video, comment or other submission you upload or post to the Site;
- the personal data you provide in connection with our rewards program and other promotions we run within the Site;
- the personal data you provide when you report a problem with our Services or when we provide you with customer support;
- the personal data you provide when you make a purchase thorough our Services; and
- the personal data you provide when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise.
Information We Get from Others. We may also get information about you from other sources, for example, if you have agreed to share information with one of our partners, have visited our booth during a trade show and left your contact information with us, or you are listed with a sales intelligence service we subscribe to, we may add this to information we get from our Services.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Services. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We collect this information about you using cookies. Please refer to the sections on cookies, Flash Technology and Pixel Tags below.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling. We do not use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making. However, we may do so in order to fulfill obligations imposed by law, in which case we will inform you of any such processing and provide you with an opportunity to object.
What are cookies?
We may collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience with our Services.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which are used only by us to recognize your computer or mobile device with our Services; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers within our Services, and can be used by such service providers to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Cookies we use
Our Site/Services use the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
|Type of cookie||Purpose|
|Essential Cookies||These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Services and to enable you to use some of its features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of our Service and help the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for may not be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.|
|Functionality Cookies||These cookies allow our Services to remember choices you make when you use our Services, such as remembering your language preferences, remembering your login details and remembering the changes you make to other parts of our Services which you can customize. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our Services.|
|Analytics and Performance Cookies||These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Site and how users use our Site. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. It includes the number of visitors to our Site, the websites that referred them to our Site, the pages they visited on our Site, what time of day they visited our Site, whether they have visited our Site before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Site.
We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our Site/Services works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies
You can find out more about how Google protects your data here: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site/Services by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com.uk.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Site/Services. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Site/Services.
4. PIXEL TAGS / TRACKING SCRIPTS
We may also use pixel tags or tracking scripts (which are also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) on our Site or other marketing communications to track the actions of users on our Site or receiving marketing communications. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags and tracking scripts are embedded invisibly on webpages or in HTML formatted email. They measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Site, so that we can manage our content more effectively.
5. DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to do not track signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
6. USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our Services;
- to manage your account, including to communicate with you regarding your account, if you have an account on our Services;
- to respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- to send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- with your consent, to send you marketing e-mails about upcoming promotions, and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our affiliates. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time: such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” Please note, even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account with us (if you have one) and our business dealings with you;
- to process payments you make via our Services;
- to link or combine user information with other personal data;
- as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and
- as described in the “Sharing of your Personal Data” section below.
7. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data as follows:
- Third Parties Designated by You. We may share your personal data with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
- Our Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal data with our third party service providers who provide services such as data analysis, marketing automation, site optimization, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services. These third parties are only permitted to use your personal data to the extent necessary to enable them to provide their services to us. They are required to follow our express instructions and to comply with appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
- Third Party Advertisers. We may share personal data with advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Corporate Restructuring. We may share personal data when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- Other Disclosures. We may share personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
AS A RESULT, WE MAY PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO A THIRD PARTY COMPANY. BECAUSE WE DO NOT CONTROL THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THESE THIRD PARTY COMPANIES, YOU SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
(AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83)
A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT WHO HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL DATA TO A BUSINESS WITH WHOM HE/SHE HAS ESTABLISHED A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES (A “CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER”) MAY REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT WHETHER THE BUSINESS HAS DISCLOSED PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR THE THIRD PARTIES’’ DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN GENERAL, IF THE BUSINESS HAS MADE SUCH A DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA, UPON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST BY A CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER, THE BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LIST OF ALL THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PERSONAL DATA WAS DISCLOSED IN THE PRECEDING CALENDAR YEAR, AS WELL AS A LIST OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT WERE DISCLOSED. CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS MAY REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS LAW BY E-MAILINGLEGALSERVICE@OPAQ.COM. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO ONE REQUEST PER CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER EACH YEAR AND WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO REQUESTS MADE BY MEANS OTHER THAN THROUGH THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS.
8. ANONYMOUS DATA
When we use the term “anonymous data,” we are referring to data and information that does not permit you to be identified or identifiable, either alone or when combined with any other information available to a third party.
We may create anonymous data from the personal data we receive about you and other individuals whose personal data we collect. Anonymous data might include analytics information and information collected by us using cookies. We make personal data into anonymous data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyses usage patterns in order to make improvements to our Services.
9. THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Site/Services may contain links to third party websites and features. This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of such third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites, features or policies. Please read their privacy policies before you submit any data to them.
10. USER GENERATED CONTENT
You may share personal data with us when you submit user generated content to our Services, including via our forums and blogs on our Services. Please note that any information you post or disclose on our Site will become public information and will be available to other users of our Site and to the general public. Any information you post or disclose on our Applications may be available to other users of our Applications. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal data, or any other information, on our Services. Such personal data and other information will not be private or confidential once it is published on our Services.
If you provide feedback to us, we may use and disclose such feedback on our Services, provided we do not associate such feedback with your personal data. If you have provided your consent to do so, we may post your first and last name along with your feedback on our Services. We will collect any information contained in such feedback and will treat the personal data in it in accordance with this Policy.
11. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Your information, including personal data that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at and processed by us and other third parties outside the country in which you reside, including, but not limited to the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. By using our Services, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us using the details in Section 18 below.
We will only retain your personal data as long as reasonably required for you to use the Site and/or to provide you with the Services unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example for regulatory purposes).
14. OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN
Our Services are not directed to children under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us using the details in Section 18 below. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable.
15. SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Subject to the following paragraph, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal data (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
If you send or disclose any sensitive personal data to us when you submit user generated content to our Services, you consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data in accordance with this Policy. If you do not consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data, you must not submit such user generated content to our Services.
16. Your Rights
- Opt-out. You may contact us anytime to opt-out of: (i) direct marketing communications; (ii) automated decision-making and/or profiling; (iii) our collection of sensitive personal data; (iv) any new processing of your personal data that we may carry out beyond the original purpose; or (v) the transfer of your personal data outside the EEA. Please note that your use of some of the Services may be ineffective upon opt-out.
- Access. You may access the information we hold about you at any time by contacting us directly.
- Amend. You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Move. Your personal data is portable – i.e. you to have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish.
- Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in Section 18 below. In your request, please make clear: (i) what personal data is concerned; and (ii) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event, within one month of your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
We are committed to resolve any complaints about our collection or use of your personal data. If you would like to make a complaint regarding this Policy or our practices in relation to your personal data, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to your complaint as soon as we can and in any event, within 45 days. We hope to resolve any complaint brought to our attention, however if you feel that your complaint has not been adequately resolved, you reserve the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority, which for the UK, is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
18. CONTACT INFORMATION
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may contact us in writing at the contact information listed on the OPAQ website.