Product Design & Life Cycle Management
Regulatory Environmental Product Compliance
Our products comply with all major applicable Directives and Regulations worldwide including:
- EU RoHS directive, EU REACH Regulation
- EU Packaging directive
- Substances Restricted or Declarable by Other Legislations:
- EU Biocidal Products Directive (98/8/EC)
- POPs Convention, EU Council Decision 2006/507/EC
- US Nuclear Regulatory Commission Title 10 CFR Part 20 (Appendix C), Japan Law Concerning Prevention from Radiation Hazards, 2002, EU Directive 96/29/Euratom, 1996.
- Norwegian Product Control Regulations (FOR 2004-06-01 Nr. 922)
- EU Regulation 850/2004 on Persistent Organic Pollutants (known as the POPs Regulation)
- Canadian Prohibition of Certain Toxic Substances Regulations, 2012
- Norway - Commission Decision 2007/395/EC of June 2007
- Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants.
- EU Battery Directive
- US SEC Conflict Mineral Law
Fortinet requires its distributors and resellers worldwide to perform environmental-friendly, WEEE-compliant collection, shipment, and processing of disposed products, at no charge to the user.
Additionally, Fortinet’s products do not contain fluorinated greenhouse gases or liquids nor prohibited substances and, as such, do not require special handling nor treatment from other common WEEE recyclables.
Supply Chain Management
Fortinet produces the most energy-efficient appliances in the industry, helping our customers and partners reduce their power consumption and carbon footprint. Fortinet’s key Contract Manufacturers are ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Certified and have their own ESG policies and reporting standards.
Our suppliers and vendors comply with major standards outlined in RBA Code of Conduct sections: Labor, Health & Safety, Environment and Business Ethics.