Technical Training Courses
Network Security Technology Foundations
Network Security Technology Foundations is the NSE-1 course. This bundle of self-study course provides the foundation knowledge for presenting a network security sales opportunity. There are seven self-study modules and seven quizzes. Once you register, you are given access to the course content and can work through the material at your own pace.
- Module 0 – Introduction to Network Security
- Module 1 – Data Center Firewall
- Module 2 –Next Generation Firewall
- Module 3 – Unified Threat Management
- Module 4 – Application Security
- Module 5 – Management and Analytics
- Module 6 – Fortinet Corporate Overview
- Describe common network security appliances and their roles in protecting a network.
- Describe various network threats and how to protect against attacks.
- Describe hardware and software used to protect a network against attacks.
- Identify and position firewalls, mail, and web security devices within a network.
- Explain the role of management and analytics in modern network security.
Who Should Attend
Anyone new to network security needing the foundation knowledge to identify and uncover sales opportunities.
Basic understanding of computer networks in medium to large businesses.
- A high-speed Internet connection
- An up-to-date web browser
- A PDF viewer to view online class materials
- Speakers or headphones
This prepares you for the NSE 3 (Associate) standing. The NSE Associate must complete NSE 1, NSE 2, and NSE 3 to be recognized as a Fortinet Network Security Associate.You can follow the links below to the Fortinet Learning Center catalog entries. You must be logged into the FLC to access these links: