Technical Training Courses
In this 1-day class, you will learn how to form network baseline data, and how to recognize and mitigate individual and distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks while preserving service and network performance.
In interactive labs, you will deploy FortiDDoS to learn about normal network traffic patterns. Then you will simulate attacks, observe the defense, and adjust the automatically estimated behavior.
With a focus on core feature skills, topics also include network behavior analysis and ASIC chips.
- Instructor-led online*
*Private class only. Please contact your Fortinet Sales Representative.
- Introduction & Deployment
- Initial Configuration
- Monitoring & Reporting
- Global Settings
- Service Protection Profiles
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Train your FortiDDoS to recognize your unique network patterns
- Choose the right FortiDDoS model
- Defend against both volumetric and mechanistic DDoS attacks
- Mitigate SYN floods
- Detect connections from proxies
- Inspect HTTP traffic on non-standard ports
- Deploy FortiDDoS to protect both network appliances and servers
- Describe how the blocking periods and penalty factors intelligently determine which packets will be dropped after an attack has been detected
- Implement bypass or a high availability FortiDDoS cluster for maximum service uptime
- Understand when to use detection and prevention modes
- Whitelist safe clients or servers
- Characterize different types of attacks by using logs and statistics graphs
- Troubleshoot incorrect threshold levels
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a FortiDDoS appliance.
- Knowledge of TCP, UDP, ICMP, and HTTP protocols
- Knowledge of network security
If you take an online format of this class, you must have a computer with:
- High-speed Internet connection
- Up-to-date web browser
- PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
- l HTML 5 support or
- l Up-to-dateJava runtime environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
Wired Ethernet connection (not Wi-Fi) recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs
This course prepares you for the FortiDDoS 4.5 Specialist Exam.
The FortiDDoS 4.5 Specialist exam counts toward one of the four NSE 6 exams required to get the NSE 6 certification.
How to Enroll
Click here and navigate to the NSE 6 section.