Data Center Intrusion Prevention System (DCIPS)Read more about the Fortinet solution
Data Center Intrusion Prevention System (DCIPS)
Intrusion prevention system (IPS) technology protects your network from cybercriminal attacks by actively seeking and blocking external threats before they can reach potentially vulnerable network devices.
Fortinet IPS functionality empowered by FortiOS is an industry-proven network security solution that scales to 120 Gbps and beyond of in-line protection. FortiOS is able to achieve attractive TCO while meeting performance requirements. IPS is easy to set up, yet offers feature-rich capabilities with contextual visibility and coverage. It detects and deters the latest known threats as well as zero-day attacks, thanks to real-time intelligence from FortiGuard Labs.
Data Center IPS (DCIPS) solutions are highly tunable to ensure high security, performance, and availability. The following capabilities are considered essential:
- Intrusion prevention
- Resistant to known evasion techniques
- Reputation awareness
- Highly resilient and stable
- Operation at Layer 2 (network transparency)
As an extension of the Fortinet Security Fabric, FortiGate products meet all these requirements by combining a high-speed, highly effective IPS engine with evasion techniques, reputation awareness, extensive application control capabilities, user and device identification, and a performance-optimized platform. They set a higher standard for security, control, and performance.
Fortinet DCIPS Highlights
- Recommended by NSS Labs for security effectiveness and performance value
- Industry’s fastest zero-day protection (FortiGuard Labs)
- Optional advanced techniques (such as sandboxing) broaden detection of evasive threats
- High level of precision and accuracy provided by IPS Filters
- Highly flexible deployment options using IPS Sensors
- Lower TCO and high-performance IPS achieved by purpose-built SPU
- Single-pane-of-glass management offers unmatched visibility and control
NSS Labs DCIPS 2016 SVM
NSS Labs’ Data Center Intrusion Prevention System (DCIPS) report is the industry’s most comprehensive test to date. Their DCIPS Security Value Map reveals that the Fortinet FortiGate 3000D earned the highest ratings for Security Effectiveness, blocking 99.9 percent of exploits, and TCO per protected Mbps.